Enforcement Review TX BON - page 10
by Huckleberry33 53,697 Views | 137 Comments
I am graduating nursing school in Decemeber. I submitted a declaratory form with all supporting documents of dismissal and paid to register for the NCLEX...then I received a letter a few days later from the TX BON. It stated that... Read More
- 3Sep 24, '12 by Hoping4dbestHey all,
My application was forwarded to the TX BON enforcement dptmt the end of may 2012 and I'm still waiting to hear something. My offenses are a DUI that was dropped and a resisting arrest and disorderly conduct. I've called the enforcement dptmt and they always tell me to allow the 4-6 months time frame to go through before they can tell me something, so my 4 months will the sept 30 and I will def be giving them a call then.... It's has been a hard and frustrating journey and I am really Hoping4dbest. God Bless
- 0Dec 10, '12 by TwilightNurseHi All, I am extremely upset because I have just received a letter in the mail today stating that my case is being transferred to the enforcement department I have been reading how long this process can take and was wondering if anyone had any words of encouragement or any advice. I am taking my final exam tomorrow and walking across the stage in 2 days.
I was arrested earlier this year in april because I was in a very abusive relationship. He said that if I left him he was going to call the cops on me and make up a story that I hit him (which never happened). I was basically arrested for no reason and all because he made up some story. He was arrested too btw because he broke my hand. I can't believe this is happening to me after everything I have been through and have overcome.
If anybody is going through the similiar situation or has been cleared because of something like this PLEASE tell me how it went for you. It is going to be so hard to take my final exam tomorrow knowing that I will have to wait probably 6 m to a year to get a job
- 0Dec 15, '12 by FloxyHey dont get discouraged, I waited almost a year I sent in my application In March and it went to enforcment in April. Since then I had to go see a psychologist that cleared me from an incident that happened almost 14 years ago. It is a very frusterating and hard time. Let me offer you some advice, always stay on top of the board of nursing. I was licensed in TX and frankly they are not very organized. After my Dr.'s evaluation I called them every week after a month of the appointment. One time they said the Dr. wasnt sending in reports, make sure you call him or her and ask what is going on. (this is your career you dont wanna wait on stupid little things like I had to) I kept calling and they kept giving me little remarks saying I was slowing the other cases because they had to pick up the phone which I always said ok goodbye call you in a week! When I was finally cleared I had to wait an extra week or two because nobody updated my information in the system. I know I sound terrible but the advice I wanna give to you is be patient be assertive and while you wait get a job in the medical field. Even if its CNA or appointment clerk stay in the nursing field while you wait. Its hard for me to see all my classmates working already and Im barely getting my GVN. AND depending on the state you live in try try to get your records sealed if you do then when they do the FBI background check it wont show up. Sure you will have to tell them anyway but it does not look so bad on you.
Best of luck to you,
- 1Dec 19, '12 by smensahI'm very sorry to hear abt your situation. I too got transferred to enforcement and my file was transferred on the 27th. It is heart wrecking. I have prayed night and day abt this but there is nothing we can do but wait. My headache is a pending case, no arrest, no previous arrest and I was just told by my attorney that the case is gonna get dropped.because of lack of evidence against me. So if I had just shut up, I would have taken my exam. But I believed I still did the right thing. Anyway what I did is just get a job and wait. I will have my baby on April so I hope to hear something by then so I can start fresh. Keep me posted and I will do the same
- 0Jan 22, '13 by busieladyQuote from Huckleberry33I too am in line waiting for the desicion of the Texas BON. My misdameanor took place 22 years ago and I had forgotten about it, so I did not report it in advance. The court where I was charged had purged it as well. I complied with the courts requests and all; it had just been so long ago. Now four years of not working going to school fulltime to get pre-requitise and the RN program done and who knows how long this will take. I am feeling a little discouraged and stressed! From the looks of previous posts it could be a while. I just recieved my letter in December of 2012 that I have been sent to enforcment. The unknown is what is so hard. Not knowing if you will get approved in 4 months, 6 months or a year from now. Just that information could help a person plan around that time. Good luck to all who are in this position!!I am graduating nursing school in Decemeber. I submitted a declaratory form with all supporting documents of dismissal and paid to register for the NCLEX...then I received a letter a few days later from the TX BON. It stated that I had to pay $150 for my case to be reviewed by the enforcement department. I took the money order to the offices and handed it in myself. The woman there said it would take a minimum of four months to review the case. I am sick because I wanted to start my job and the place I want to work will start new grads off in Feb. If the four month time frame, (at the minimum), is true...I guess I will just have to wait
The charges were for Violating a Protective Order, compliments of a rocky marriage to say the least. They were misdemeanors and they were dismissed. I am just praying that the process maybe wont take so long. Has anyone ever experienced a more favorable time frame with the TX BON for enforcement review?Last edit by Esme12 on Jan 22, '13
- 0Jan 22, '13 by busieladyDear[COLOR=#003366]TwilightNurse[/COLOR],
I am sorry to hear you had to go through all this. I hope you got out of that relationship and now you will have experience to share with someone else in a similar situation and can possibly spare them this hardship. Continue to post your updates and vent when you need to. Hopefully soon we can all share our stories of triumph.