background checks. ANY STATE WHO DOESN'T DO ONE?
- 0Aug 3, '11 by greatnurse55Does any one know if there is any state who do not do back ground checks.?
- 0Aug 4, '11 by Karl FarmerAll states BONs do background checks. As far as employers, I read last night that 11 states do not require a background check for healthcare workers (I was looking at Hawaii, by the way). However, if you don't disclose to the BON, you won't get a license, and if you do, any employer will have access to your background check indirectly.
- 0Aug 6, '11 by Karl FarmerI was reading the local paper- they claim there needs to be a nationwide mandate to do background checks in nursing homes, since 5% of random checks in Hawaii found employees with criminal convictions. But again- you first have to get past the BON, there is nowhere to hide, no reason even to think about attempting to bypass any background check. Those days are long gone now with technology.
- 1Aug 17, '11 by Karl Farmergreatnurse . I carry a RN license in the state of michigan and Florida.. I have a criminal background... not violent no drug or etoh. I am having trouble finding a job.. I heard Hawaii is easier, can you tell me more.
I don't know- I've heard they are short nurses, and I've heard they don't want nurses from the mainland. Everything costs twice there what it does on the mainland, and I know that the pay no way makes up for that. I'm more looking to working on a farm there, or being a gardener. The way this country is heading, I decided a beach close by is more important for me than anything, so I've been gearing up for a drastic simplified way of life for a few years, by systematically comparing every state (warm and sunny, only). Hawaii may be worth looking into for you- they have gay marriage, statewide health care for everyone working 20 hours per week, and generally the place sounds liberal, freer and more rational than the hate-filled Republican stance sweeping the mainland. And their move to secede has a growing fan club, but that is unconstitutional and can't happen. But it sounds like a refreshing change of thinking in my book. Best advice is to chat people up on all kinds of dating sites, blogs, etc.- you'll be suprised at the amound of information you can collect.
- 0Aug 20, '11 by Karl FarmerOh the tangled web we weave? This is what I've come up with since: If you are arrested and printed, in any locality, that also goes to that state's court system data bank. So a check of your local court, or the state where you were arrested, will show your history, all online for anybody to see. Your prints are also swept into the FBI data bank, onto your RAP sheet- but the FBI data is not available online, through the mail only, and takes times and money. Also, I heard the FBI automatically sends RAP info to state agencies, as in BONs. So the BON knows all. Anyone else will know either what's free online, or if they pursue the FBI route, will know every detail. If you move, say from AZ to CA, and apply for a CA job- they will scan the CA state police site for your history, not necessarily AZ, where you were arrested. So it's a slim chance of escaaping scrutiny that way, unless they contact the FBI. Also, if you report actions to the BON, the employer will know your record that way. If you don't report to the BON, there's a chance the FBI will, then you are doomed. Fun, eh? In a nutshell, sites like beenverified.com only scan free information available online to anyone anyway, so that's not a real background 'check'.
- 0Jan 15, '12 by spotonthewallI've been waiting 8 months for my Florida Level 2 Background check to come back. Eight months is a long time to be out of work. I have no criminal background, no arrest record, never broken any law, never done drugs, served in the US Navy honorably for 6 six years. So much for being a veteran. Anyone know the address of the Governor of Florida? Who is above the Governor?
- 0Jan 16, '12 by MrChicagoRNQuote from spotonthewallReally?I've been waiting 8 months for my Florida Level 2 Background check to come back. Eight months is a long time to be out of work. I have no criminal background, no arrest record, never broken any law, never done drugs, served in the US Navy honorably for 6 six years. So much for being a veteran. Anyone know the address of the Governor of Florida? Who is above the Governor?
You don't know how to find the Govenor's address?
Have you checked with your BON to see if they actually show that they have they your completed application packet in their system?