3 dui's in mi
- 0Mar 15, '09 by lifeistweetThe new law in michigan for 3 dui's, over the entire life of u r drivers license, is MANDATORY 5 yrs loss of license. My girlfriend is going through this and had to take an apt. near the hospital so she could walk to work. Lives too far for her SO to drive her everyday. Stays all week near the hospital and goes home on the weekends.
- 10Mar 15, '09 by vamedic4I'm with you MP5PDW...it's a wonder your friend still has a license Peace8. One DUI is irresponsible enough...having 3 confirms that something is most definitely wrong. Good for the courts for taking away her DL. Perhaps she's learned her lesson. One can only hope.
- 8Mar 15, '09 by nurse15dcQuote from MP5PDWExactly what I was wondering when I read OP's post.Three DUIs and she still has a nursing license? WOW
But it sounds typical of unfair things I've seen in BON discipline. I've known a few newbie RN's who made mistakes where no one was hurt. But since hospitals often have to report errors to the BON, the RN's had to pay $$ for attorneys only to end up with permanent black marks on their licenses. But when an RN makes a mistake and then cries "I'm an addict". The BON gives THEM every consideration and then wipes away the record of the mistake. Even when addicts relapse again and again.
IMO this is a messed up unfair practice VERY common with boards of nsg!
- 9Mar 15, '09 by whipping girl in 07Quote from MP5PDWFunny, I said the same thing!!!Three DUIs and she still has a nursing license? WOW
Yeah, I can't say I feel sorry for the OP's girlfriend. I'm assuming she never hurt anyone, that's fortunate.
3 times, there's definitely a problem. I hope she's gotten help.
Sometimes drastic punishment is the only way someone will learn. She should be happy she's only lost her freedom to drive. I'm inclined to say she should lose her freedom completely, at least for a while...i.e. jail time.
- 13Mar 15, '09 by ladymedikQuote from peace8are you telling us this so we can feel sorry for this girl????? hate to be blunt but i have no sympathy. she doesn't need to be taking care of patients cuz she obviously has trouble taking care of herself. maybe she needs to focus on getting dried out before she worries how she will get to work.the new law in michigan for 3 dui's, over the entire life of u r drivers license, is mandatory 5 yrs loss of license. my girlfriend is going through this and had to take an apt. near the hospital so she could walk to work. lives too far for her so to drive her everyday. stays all week near the hospital and goes home on the weekends.