RN with a BSN - 2 years in - no available jobs. Should I change careers? Help - Page 2Register Today!
- May 18 by avaloncarWow, what a story. But yes, AGENCY is where you need to go. I have one agency that I work with that helped me out and I only have 8 months worth of RN experience. You have the two years they are looking for and you could get your foot in the door to a hospital. Good luck and update us!
- May 18 by SilverOwlQuote from samadams8This is true in the Veterinary field as well, and it is MADDENING. THANK YOU for all of your very helpful advice. I have flagged it and will refer back to it often, in school and in practice. You can NEVER be too careful or too thorough!!After witnessing this happen to enough nurses, I say always have another job; b/c the politics in the hospital can be 10X as bad any office politics that happen in any company. Being let go or leaving a place can leave unfair implications, which may ensue from the politics. And these can be 10X as hurtful, b/c people may well assume the break in employment relationship may be due to issues of safety. In fact, that is not often the case, and this is one reason why there are many less board investigations against nurses as compared with terminations. Good luck.
cmr4188 -- Keep trying and get back in the game!! You are wiser and tougher now; If you give up, they win...
- May 24 by Isabel-ANP-BCTry upstate my...small rural hospitals are hiring....Elmira, Schuyler, try upstate in Syracuse.....
And you have been working. You have experience and have done things a lot of RNs never do. Just remember that and emphasize it....
- Jun 2 by elprupYou are not alone. It sucks in California. I just found this post
There are some awesome ideas I am going to try. Try it too. Hugs
- Jun 2 by cmr4188Thank you everyone for your amazingly kind words. I haven't given up and now have a job in NYC as an operating room nurse. I'll be starting in a few weeks! My fingers are crossed and I'm so nervous but, I didn't give up and now there is a light at the end of the tunnel!