OccuVAX...? Or other flu/vaccine clinics...Register Today!
- by Peppermint_RN Jul 23Wondering if anyone has ever worked for OccuVAX before? Is it legit?
Any other flu/vaccine clinics you know of that I might apply for? I am in Tennessee.
- Jul 25 by ashakyaI was thinking the same. I did apply to an email sent by them and it asked for SSN. I provided them with it otherwise, the app was incomplete.
Anyways i did look at other post in allnurses.com and it seems that there have been flu shot clinic conducted by occuvax. Check the following link with related discussion.
- Jul 25 by oakleafIt seems legit, I was a little wary of giving them my SSN as well, but did too.
- Aug 7 by whimm02Did Occuvax turn out to be legit? I applied through craigslist and its almost welcoming me aboard. I'm nervous to input my sensitive info into the application..
- Aug 7 by Peppermint_RNNot sure yet. I signed up and did their orientation session (which is just a PowerPoint you read and sign at the end saying you read it all.) Haven't heard back from them yet....
- Aug 13 by latyLPNQuote from KKahnI also just signed up with them. I believe it said that the weekly schedules of clinics won't come out until the 19th. I will be in Clarksville, T.N. The company seems legit to me. Let me know when u hear something.Not sure yet. I signed up and did their orientation session (which is just a PowerPoint you read and sign at the end saying you read it all.) Haven't heard back from them yet....
- Aug 22 by db2xsI have already received emails asking me to sign up for a clinic. There was a long list of positions and days, etc.
As a new grad, I assume they want me to just jump in and start giving vaccinations? Or will I receive training? I can't seem to access that information anymore. If anyone else can, any words of advice would be great, thanks.
- Aug 22 by Peppermint_RNI received an email too with a list of facilities and dates. Unfortunately I'll be in orientation for my new job so I won't be able to do any sites over the next 2 months. I am curious how it goes for you all that are doing it though! Let me know
I think we would be expected to just go in and do injections. They had that powerpoint posted that explained how to use their syringes. I think it said there will be instructions on where to give the injection, but as a nursing grad, I think we are expected to know how to do IM injections.