Job Search: Applying Online for RN Positions - Page 2Register Today!
- Jul 17, '12 by thatchergirlbut who do you call? HR? the nurse manager of the department you are applying for? I have applied online but have no idea on who I call or how to get their information on the computer. Do I just call the main number for the hospital and ask for "nurse manager in the med/surg floor?" Please help me! it's frustrating! i have been applying all over the country, so it is impossible to go physically to every hospital.Last edit by thatchergirl on Jul 17, '12 : Reason: added on
- Jul 17, '12 by GinginRNIt sounds as though we need to be contacting HR to follow up on the apps. Whenever I have been contacted in the past from an online app, it has been the HR rep. In light of not receiving any acknowledgement regarding the online apps, I believe I am going to start following up with phone calls as well.
- Jul 17, '12 by Tobygo2I not only applied online but also sent a personal email to the nurse manager with my resume attached. Landed an interview two days later! You need to be persistent and almost bypass HR since they're getting so many resumes.
- Jul 17, '12 by oluchikaIt's harder to find out who the hiring managers or nurse recruiters are for the larger hospitals. When i called, I was told they don't give out that information or their email. Anyone have any luck with larger hospitals?
- Jul 18, '12 by AshleyO77I'm having the same problem. I've been working at an acute rehab for about a year, and I'm now trying to find a position in a hospital. I've been applying and applying with no luck!!! I haven't gotten one call. I call places and they tell me "my application is being reviewed" or "we cannot give out statuses of applications". It's so annoying!!! They keep telling you not to call, and that is also annoying! I just want a real person to talk to me for more than 30 seconds...
- Jul 20, '12 by Tobygo2Quote from oluchikaIf you call the unit directly and ask who the NM is they'll probably do it since a lot of times patients call to ask.It's harder to find out who the hiring managers or nurse recruiters are for the larger hospitals. When i called, I was told they don't give out that information or their email. Anyone have any luck with larger hospitals?