I am the DON in a LTC facility. I currently have ads on careerbuilder for a full time CNA position as well as a full time LPN/RN position. Both positions are clearly advertised as 3-11 positions. I spent my day going thru what seemed like a hundred resumes for my 2 open positions. While thinking of all the "job needed" threads here, I decided that I must share my absolute frustration in hopes that someone will learn something from this.
- One resume with NO NAME. Seriously people. This isn't 2nd grade. If you can't put your name on your paper...YOU'RE OUT!
- 3 resumes (all submitted within 72 hours) without a WORKING phone number on them....you're out!
- 10...as in TEN, seemed to be surprised that I only have a 3-11 position open. "Don't you have a day shift"? "Don't you have something in management"? Umm, No, which is why I didn't advertise for that.
- At least 10 that haven't held the same job (any job) for more than 3 consecutive months over the last 3-5 years. (Why go thru this hell just to start again in a couple months).
- Several for a CNA position that live at least an hour or more away. (There are numerous facilities between home and here. Surely that drive..in a snowstorm..is not going to worth the $9/hr I plan to offer).
After several hours of weeding thru resumes and trying to call people, I have a whooping 4 interviews tomorrow. Hoping the interview process is better than the screening process! Also slightly worried that amongst all the crap I missed the hidden gem!