Hypothetical question, since I do not officially have a job offer from either place. Just not sure what to do if I get one (planning ahead!
I'm pretty sure I will be getting a position at the VA hospital near my house, but the nurse manager had mentioned it might take a few months before they are able to get new grads in. For example, she has a new hire they brought on in April that still wasn't on the schedule in late June ("It's the government, honey, everything takes forever to get things done" is what I was told). I had applied for this position a month ago but wasn't selected since I had not gotten my license by the time the job posting closed. The nurse manager called last week to tell me it will reopen next week & she wants to make sure I apply (hence the reason I'm pretty sure I'll get the position.)
Here's the dilemma:
I have an interview on Tuesday at a LTC/Rehab facility. The woman sounded really interested in me on the phone when asking if I wanted to interview. I really need a job and cannot afford to wait months to get on at the VA.
If LTC/Rehab offers me a position, would it be wrong of me to take it for a few months until I can get on at the VA?
Should I tell the LTC I just want to be PRN, or let them know I'm looking for somewhere else?
Is it possible to start full time at the LTC and possible go to PRN once I get on at the VA? I wouldn't mind working both jobs.
I feel bad taking the job just for a few months, don't want to screw anyone over in the end...