Travel nurseRegister Today!
- by SueQueRN Feb 25I am worn out by places that think we travelers can take the hardest or most annoying patients and the most admissions every night. Plus my patients are spread out so I have to run miles every night. Anyone else?
- Feb 25 by TX911Eh, part of the gig. I mean, i definitely feel ya but I'm also making A LOT more money than the poor saps that are core staff. These are not good situations, that's why they need us. The last assignment I had I ended up babysitting a lot of their new CVICU staff because they had so many new grads. Our role is at times a dubious one, but hey we're getting paid. I was literally making 2 1/2 times what their charge nurses who had been there a decade were making and remember how much is tax free. At the end of the year I'll clear over 90K probably working 3 days a week and be long gone, and they'll be stuck there at the same dead end place making less than half of that if they're lucky.
C'est la vie. It's who we are Sue.....til grad school anyway. See you on the road!
- Mar 12 by WeepingAngelI try to be fair to travelers when I make the assignment. I get enough anxiety coming into work as a staff nurse... I'd hate to be abused all the time in an unfamiliar place!
- Mar 12 by monkeybugI really only got outright abuse at one hospital in Bakersfield, CA. The other places I was treated pretty well, but I made a concerted effort to get to know everyone and become part of the unit. I think it's harder to dump on someone if they've brought food to the potluck and participate in the birthday club!
- Mar 13 by cjf0629Quote from WeepingAngelI am only on my first travel assignment. I have been treated great. In fact I am asked every shift if "I'm going to sign on permanently yet?" I have heard rumors about some hospitals around me and how they treat travelers. I am staying away from them if I can.I try to be fair to travelers when I make the assignment. I get enough anxiety coming into work as a staff nurse... I'd hate to be abused all the time in an unfamiliar place!