Said he would call me after the second interview, but he didn't callRegister Today!
- by jackson3 Oct 2This was my second interview at the same huge hospital. Im a new grad.
I felt the interview was good. (The only drawback was that he told me he thought of calling me to reschedule because he had to leave early but he didn't)
He told he was going to make the decision early next week and that person would be contacted.
I sent him a thank you letter reiterating my qualifications 24 hours after the second interview. He immediately responded and thanked me, told me again that they will make there decision and contact the person early next week. He then ended his email with " I will contact you next week."
I can always check the status of my position on there website. It will either say interviewing, filled, or closed. It does not say filled yet.
Since it is Wednesday, it is not early in the week anymore so I don't think I got the job.
I was either going to do this:
1. Email him next Monday to check the status.
2. Call him next Monday ( probably will reach his voicemail so I think email is better)
3. Do not call at all and just wait untill my online status says Filled or closed (even if it takes 3 weeks!)
What do you think I should do?
Right now I think I am there second choice and that if the other persons background check comes out bad then they will call me and offer the job.
I think I'm going to email him next Monday. He was extremely nice to me, and even told me some situations that if I got the job to do this and that.
If i didnt get this job im going to be so dissapointed. I spent the whole month preparing for interviews for this company while playing the waiting game for a second interview.
5 months no job
- Oct 2 by jackson3Someone please respond to me.. I'm going insane waiting I already applied to all of the jobs out there.
Now I changed my mind. I want to send him a email this Friday morning.
Or should I call him instead this Friday morning?
Even though he said "He will contact me me" in his reply to my thank you email.
- Oct 2 by schnookimzI kind of agree that it sounds like you were not their first choice and they are waiting to see if their first choice works out.
That said, you have nothing to lose. I would just call now and say you wanted to touch base and see if an offer had been extended to someone. These people know you are looking for a job and cannot sit and wait at their beck and call. Be proactive. Call now or email now and get your answer!!
- Oct 3 by 2012BlessedRNIn the same position as you. I was told they will make their decision and get back to me after the first... And I was too debating on calling Friday or Monday. Guess I'm leaning towards calling tomorrow morning. Any update on your status? Hoping you got the job!
- Oct 4 by ♪♫ in my ♥Every time I've heard, "we'll get back to you by ___" and they don't, the news has always been bad.
Send the e-mail but be prepared to get no reply.
- Oct 5 by jackson3I didnt contact them. My status on there webpage hasn't changed. Did you find out about your situation? I wish you the best.
- Oct 5 by jackson3Quote from 2012BlessedRNI didnt contact them. My status on there webpage hasn't changed. Did you find out about your situation? I wish you the best.In the same position as you. I was told they will make their decision and get back to me after the first... And I was too debating on calling Friday or Monday. Guess I'm leaning towards calling tomorrow morning. Any update on your status? Hoping you got the job!
- Oct 6 by sbostonRNI would suggest calling on Monday just to check the status of the position. If he said he would contact you last week and he didn't, he shouldn't be surprised if you need to contact him. Sometimes hiring managers just get busy and forget to call...I wouldn't read too much into it.
- Oct 6 by 2012BlessedRNQuote from jackson3I tried to follow up on Friday, but she wasn't in so I left my contact info. I will definitely follow up again Monday afternoon if I don't receive a call back.I didnt contact them. My status on there webpage hasn't changed. Did you find out about your situation? I wish you the best.
Just like the above poster stated, I think you should follow up Monday too. No harm in it. Best case scenario, you got the job. Worst case scenario, you didn't and you keep trying! Good luck and I'll update once I get word.
- Oct 7 by jackson3I think i'm going to send a email today instead of calling. I don't want to be a pest and ruin my chances with them if any other positions open up. It would seem awkward if I called them and they picked up to tell me the position has been filled.
I think it would be easier to them if I just sent them a email. The thing about this is making it seem professional with only two sentences.
This is my draft:
Dear Mr. Smith,
May I check the status of the ER nurse position that I interviewed for on Thursday, September 27th? Thank you for your time and consideration.
111 Evergreen Road
Boston, MA 88442
828-243-3242Last edit by jackson3 on Oct 7