- 0Jul 15, '12 by mr1653Hey guys, I'm having my first interview here in a little over a week for a PCA job. I was wondering if you guys could help me by giving me tips on what to wear and what kind of quesitons they will ask? Thanks
- 0Jul 15, '12 by TheCommuter Senior Moderator1. Why do you want to work here?
2. Tell us why you are interested in healthcare.
3. Tell me more about you.
4. How do you handle pressure?
5. Do you prefer to work alone or in a team?
6. Tell me about a difficult situation and how you handled it.
7. How would you deal with an unhappy patient or client?
8. What is your biggest strength?
9. What is your biggest weakness?
10. Do you have any questions for me?
11. Why should we hire you for this job opening?
- 0Jul 15, '12 by Amber628For my PCA job we had a small process; every facility varies
1st I met with the nursing dept. recruiter. I gave her my resumee and she went over my app. and resumee. After we discussed my medical exp. I had to take a basic PCA/PCT test and I passed.
Then she set me up with meetings with the Nurse managers in different depts of the hospital. I had 3 interviews and one nurse manager picked me for her unit b/c I only wanted 3-11 11-7 the other units were looking for day shift; but i go to LPN school full time days.
I had an interview with the nurse manager and they all asked different questions. Some were:
-what has been the most challenging pt I have had & why
-what can I do to improve pt satisfaction on a unit I am working
-have I ever had a co worker that was hard to deal with; why ; & how did I deal with it.