Meet with the staff?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Meet with the staff? in Nursing Interview Help, part of Nursing Career Advice ... Hey everyone. i recently had a great interview with for a position i really want. I got a call from...by PedsNP2013 May 31, '12Hey everyone. i recently had a great interview with for a position i really want. I got a call from the nurse recruiter saying that she and the nurse manager really enjoyed meeting with me. She also stated that the manager wanted me to meet the staff. What can i expect? What is the best way to prepare for this? Would this be like a 2nd interview?
I toured the unit and was introduced to some staff members when i initially interviewed.Last edit by PedsNP2013 on May 31, '12
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=716916©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,054 Views
- May 31, '12 by Been there,done thatThis interview is designed to evaluate how well you will interact with.. AND ..be evaluated by the staff.
You should be smiling.. smiling and smiling. Answer any all questions positively!
If a staff member asks you a question.. your answer will reflect WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE UNIT!
You must defer to the current staff, ( short of a curtsey) will suffice.
Be prepared for the almighty question.. "why do you want do work with us?"
Good luck, keep us posted.
- May 31, '12 by PedsNP2013Thank you!
- Jun 24, '12 by PedsNP2013they finally set up something for later this week.... its with a MD and some staff members....I will let you know how it goes.
- Jun 24, '12 by FinallyLPN,RNGood luck!!!
- Jul 15, '12 by PedsNP2013Ok i had my 2nd interview (6/28) and it went really well. The NM said i would hear back next week. So 2 weeks go by and i dont hear anything. I followed up with a professional email to the HR rep i have been working/communicating with. SHe told me their process is taking longer than expected and she would call me by this coming thurs. Any ideas what this means?
- Aug 9, '12 by PedsNP2013UPDATE: After waiting and going through LONG the interview process for this job. I did not get it. I was sad depressed, etc. HOWEVER, i put in an application at another hospital and forgot all about it because i did not get a call back and it had been several months. SO out of the blue they called me for an interview and i had a shadow experience. 2 weeks later they offered me the job and i was thrilled to find out that it offered way more money than the one i did not get.