How do you get a "copy" of your RN license??Register Today!
- by amystudentRN Apr 24, '12I have an interview coming and I have been told that my state, Indiana doesnt send you a copy of your license. It is on the website, so I printed a couple copies of that. Do you think this is acceptable for the interview? (Thet requested a copy of it and my CPR card) Im assuming they maybe are not aware of this change..it is fairly new that this is how it is done.
- Apr 24, '12 by CandynThe employer will go on the state board website and verify your license. That is what happened to me. They will verify even if you are able to provide a copy.
- Apr 25, '12 by BuckyBadgerRNMy state doesn't mail them anymore either. It says right on the website, if you require/desire a copy of your current license, print it from the website.
- Apr 25, '12 by rn/writerYup, this is the new wave. Where I work, we don't even have to bring in proof that we renewed our licenses. They look everything up on line now. Quicker and almost impossible to fake.
Just thinking this through logically, if your state no longer sends out copies of licenses, then every nurse in the state is in the same boat as you are. Even previous hard copies will expire and the renewals will be on line. So, whatever amount of time the license is effective, add it to the date that online information became the standard, and you will see that after that time has elapsed, every single nurse licensed by your state has to rely on the web site for verification of credentials.
Good luck with the interview.
- Apr 25, '12 by Ashley, PICU RNFor safety reasons, you should not provide anyone with a copy of your license unless you write VOID over it in big black letters. Identity theft- including license theft is a real problem. Most companies don't even request copies of your license for this reason.
I would print out a copy of the webpage where it states you have an active license and direct the employer to that site to verify your license.
- Apr 25, '12 by nmcasperIn my experience they have not asked for a hard copy of my licence. They look it up themselves to make sure that is current and active. I do have a hard copy and I brought it with just in case (but didn't need it).
- Apr 25, '12 by stephanie2012Hello, i guess whatever you show them the certificates, they have a way to verify. So just show your confidence and ability during the interview.
Quote from amystudentRNI have an interview coming and I have been told that my state, Indiana doesnt send you a copy of your license. It is on the website, so I printed a couple copies of that. Do you think this is acceptable for the interview? (Thet requested a copy of it and my CPR card) Im assuming they maybe are not aware of this change..it is fairly new that this is how it is done.
- Apr 29, '12 by amystudentRNThank you! Yes I just printed the info from the website that shows my license number and the dates. Im sure it will be fine. I can't wait for this interview, I really want to get started working, its maternity which I think will be a good start! My dream job is in peds.. but I do think I will enjoy maternity also.