HELP!! Phone Interview with Bassett Medical Center in Cooperstown, NY!! - Page 4Register Today!
- Oct 2, '12 by nycnurseyQuote from Helematu7Thanks!! Its Oct.15, I hope it goes well!
Congratulations!! When is your interview??
- Oct 3, '12 by aknottedyarnHope the leaves at at a peak when yu go. It is a beautiful area. Enjoy the visit as well as the interview.
- Oct 3, '12 by Helematu7Bump! Anyone?
- Oct 4, '12 by michigansapphireDress: professional and conservative.
Bring: extra copies of your resume and list of references.
For an hour-long interview, you'll probably get a tour of the unit (ask lots of questions), a sit-down with the manager, and maybe a peer review with some of the unit's nurses. Then you'll go through the whole thing again on the other unit!
- Oct 4, '12 by Helematu7Quote from michigansapphireThat is helpful thank you! I'm just worried about the interview...is it a behavioral interview? And what is a peer review?Dress: professional and conservative. Bring: extra copies of your resume and list of references.For an hour-long interview, you'll probably get a tour of the unit (ask lots of questions), a sit-down with the manager, and maybe a peer review with some of the unit's nurses. Then you'll go through the whole thing again on the other unit!
- Oct 4, '12 by michigansapphireMost managers use at least some behavioral questions.
A peer review means that part of the interview would be with the nurses who already work on the unit. The goal of these is for them to judge how well you would fit in as one of their peers.
- Oct 4, '12 by Helematu7Oh my, now I am more nervous than before...agh! I really need and want this job...I hope it works out!
- Oct 4, '12 by swiftdrI work in the ER at BMC in Cooperstown, NY and have about a ten year work history there - SCU, ICU, Nurse Educator and now ER. All of the advice from above is great - my advice: take a deep breath, relax, be yourself and answer truthfully. It is a great organization to work for. email me if you'd like email@example.com
- Nov 1, '12 by malicexmirageI also applied for GN/RN jobs @ bassett for nurse residency program and a recruiter tld me my file is up for a phone interview, im excited as well as nervous, hopefully I'd pull it off good! what is BMC's base pay for new grad?
- Nov 12, '12 by kcl272Hi guys! I just made my allnurses account today so I'm new Hope I'm not making any mistakes!
I had a phone interview with Bassett Medical Center last month for Ambulatory Surgery and was asked right after the phone interview to come in person. However, that position was filled so I will be interviewing with Surgical, SCU, and In-patient Psych this Thursday 11/15. I'm super duper nervous and don't know what to expect. Each interview is going to last an hour. Can anyone give me some tips for what might possibly happen during this hour such as who do I meet and what questions will probably be asked?
I am really nervous because I want this job really badly and I don't want to mess it up but this is my first interview since graduation so I'd feel a lot better if I was more prepared. Thanks!
If there are any suggestions, my email is firstname.lastname@example.org