nursing educationRegister Today!
- by jjkm77 May 24, '01I'm korean. My name is kyung-mi,jang. My major is nursing. I want to know nursing haspital life,education course...ect... If you have any information for me, please let me know. Feel free to email me a reply.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=4365©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 997 Views
- May 24, '01 by rninformatics"I'm korean. My name is kyung-mi,jang. My major is nursing. I want to know nursing haspital life,education course...ect..."
I'm sorry kyung-mi, jang what is it exactly that you want to know about hospital life and Nursing Informatics education? I work better when given specific instructions. Let me know.
- May 24, '01 by chrnkyung-mi,jang,
Are you looking for general information about nursing in the US? The topic in this area is Nursing Informatics, which is a specialty in nursing. Nursing Informatics is nurses who are specialists in developing or teaching computer programs to medical people. I may be wrong but I think you may be looking for more general information. There is a lot of information about nurses jobs, the pay and the education in this bulletin board. To give you a very quick introduction: a licensed practical nurse has about 1 to 1/12 years of education in basic nursing; a registered nurse can have an associate's degree (2 to 3 years), a bachelor's degree (at least 4 years) or a Master's degree. The different degrees qualify the nurse for different jobs and higher pay, of course. Currently , there are a lot of different types of work for nurses. Sick people are only in the hospital a short time. They often need a visiting nurse at home after they are discharged. The US is experiencing a shortage of nurses and nursing schools are welcoming qualified students. I hope this information is what you were looking for.
- May 25, '01 by rninformaticsOriginally posted by chrn:
Nursing Informatics, which is a specialty in nursing. Nursing Informatics is nurses who are specialists in developing or teaching computer programs to medical people.</STRONG>
The American Nurses Association is in the process of revising the Scope and Standards of Practice for the Specialty of Nursing Informatics along with the certification exam. ANA's draft document defines Nursing Informatics as: "A specialty that integrates nursing science, computer science and information science to manage and communicate data, information and knowledge in nursing practice. Nursing Informatics facilitates the integration of data, information and knowledge to support patients,nursing and other providers in their decision-making in all roles and settings. This support is accomplished through the use of information structures and information technology." The goal of NI "is to improve the health of populations, communities, families and individuals by optimizing information management and communications. This includes the use of technology in the direct provision of care, in establishing effective administrative systems and managing the delivery of educaitonal experiences, supporting life-long learning and supporting nursing research." Role activities of Nursing Informatics Specialists include but are not limited to: Project Management, Consultant, Education, Research, Development support, Decision Support/Oucomes Management, Policy Development and Change agent management.
- May 25, '01 by chrnrninformatics; gee thanks for clearing that up. I was worried that kyung-mi,jang may have needed a basic,simple explanation due to language/cultural differences. You must be a great teacher.
- May 25, '01 by rninformaticsYou may be right chrn, thought I'd throw the NI info out there just incase.
- May 29, '01 by jjkm77hi!!
...thank you very much...
I'm afraid English.. but study hard .... start...^^
When I got your mail, I was happy....