LVN getting my BS in Health InformaticsRegister Today!
- by S-Rank Jul 6, '11So I start in August 2011 at Western Governors University. I actually found out about the school here because they offer a BSN and license for RN. I wanted to do nursing informatics but I found out I could go this route too. Plus they are taking my credits from Devry because I have a BS in Telecommunications as well. So here we go.
- Aug 6, '11 by EMR*LPNI've been a go live support specialist and for the past 2 years been an EMR trainer through various agencies. Being able to travel is key. I considered going on for my RN to be more marketable in this field and was advised that with my clinical and EMR experience that I wouldn't need to. I left a project after 2 months this week with the hopes of taking a few months off to resolve a few health issues, but a lucrative opportunity came about and I will be traveling to a new assignment in 2 weeks. The best advice I can offer is to network with as many people in this field as possible. An IT social website, such as LinkedIn, is the best place to pursue contacts and associate with others with varying degrees of HIT experience. I realize you weren't asking for any advice, but just wanted to share my story. Good luck...
- Oct 11, '11 by S-RankHi QueenBee! Wow finally great to meet someone going to the same school! Yeah I'll be glad to share information with you. PM me so we can exchange contact info. so we can chat online. I assume you have a wealth of information. Hope to hear from you soon. Keep up the hard work. Proud to know you are a fellow WGU member.
- Oct 12, '11 by TheQueenBeeI would but I don't know how!!!! LOL!!!
- Oct 12, '11 by S-Rankhehe its ok. here just email me then. take care.Last edit by rninformatics on Oct 12, '11 : Reason: against the SOPs of allnurses
- Oct 12, '11 by rninformaticsGreetings and Welcome to the Forum,
Exactly what information are you looking for related to nursing and EMRs.
Please give your fellow members of the forum more details to assist.
Quote from TheQueenBeeI graduate this winter from WGU. I am working on my informatics course now. STRUGGLING!!!! I am having a hard time finding information on nursing and EMRs. Any pointers?? I am more than willing to return the help!!!
- Oct 12, '11 by rninformaticsGreetings S-Rank,
Please avoid posting your personal contact info on the forums. If a member has not posted enough they are unable to see or utilize the e-mail function but there is nothing stopping you from e-mailing or pming them your personal e-mail.
Good Luck to you both in your studies and please let us here at the NI Forum know if there is anything we can do to help.
Quote from S-Rankhehe its ok. here just email me then. take care.
- Aug 23, '12 by robertswI concur....I started out working in UM for a Medicaid HMO and was the one who kept asking why the system did something and that led to becoming a SME, Healthcare Data Analyst, Trainer, Implementation Specialist (QMACS, QNXT, Paragon, CPSI). Building experience and having the desire and the ability to learn is paramount to success. When you couple networking with the previous, the world is opened to you.
- Oct 12, '12 by joyncaringQuote from S-RankHow is the WGU's BS in Health Informatics going?So I start in August 2011 at Western Governors University. I actually found out about the school here because they offer a BSN and license for RN. I wanted to do nursing informatics but I found out I could go this route too.