Good nursing informatics books?
- 0Feb 4, '03 by spineCNORA question for the informatics nurses--
if there a good nursing informatics book or books that you would recommend for someone with no experience or knowledge in the field? Thanks!
- 4,410 Views
- 0Feb 19, '03 by rninformaticsHere are a few references from an old bib of mine. Search on Amazon.com using the term Nursing Informatics and you will also find good texts. I'd also recomend the newest Interdisciplinary Informatics book - will update with full title and author(s) nnames when i can.
Carty, B. (Ed.), (2000), Nursing informatics: Education for practice (pp. 136-168). New York, NY: Springer.
Graves, J. R., & Corcoran, S. (1989). The study of nursing informatics. Image: The Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 21(4), pp. 227-231.
Hannah, K.J., Ball, M. J., & Edwards, M.J.A. (1994). Introduction to nursing informatics. NY: Springer-Verlag.
Saba, V.K. & McCormick, K.A. (1996). Essentials of computers for nurses (2nd ed.). NY: C.V. Mosby.
- 0Feb 22, '03 by chrnhttp://nursing.umaryland.edu/~snewbold/
This is Susan K Newbold's nursing informatics webpage. Select the Newbold Publications link to find a lot of online articles and a list of reference books.
I have met and heard Susan lecture a couple of times. Bookmark her page to learn more about informatics.
- 0Feb 10, '04 by rninformaticsand an updated list:
Health Care Informatics: An Interdisciplinary Approach (Book + Web Course)
by Sheila P., Ph.D. Englebardt, Ramona Nelson
Nursing Informatics: Where Caring and Technology Meet (Health Informatics)
by Marion J. Ball (Editor), Kathryn J. Hannah (Editor), Susan K. Newbold
(Editor), Judith V. Douglas (Editor)
Essentials of Computers for Nurses: Informatics for the New Millennium
by Virginia K. Saba (Editor), Kathleen A. McCormick (Editor) (Paperback )
Informatics and Nursing: Opportunities & Challenges
by Linda Q. Thede (Paperback - March 2003)
Handbook of Informatics for Nurses and Health Care Professionals (2nd
by Toni Lee Hebda (Author), et al
- 0Dec 7, '04 by rninformaticsHi Meena,
You can't "subcribe" or purchase this text via this website. Please contact the publishers of the texts I referenced and order through them.
Quote from meenaPlease I would like to subscribe the following Book,
Health Care Informatics: An Interdisciplinary Approach by Sheila P., Ph.D. Englebardt, Ramona Nelson