where to work? (Asian or MMC?)Register Today!
- by lenjoy03 Sep 3, '07Hi everyone.... Well I'm currently thinking of where to work.
My first option is Makati Medical Center. I graduated in that institution and our school is always the priority when it comes to hiring nurses there. I know the place, know the benefits (that only MMC offers), seminars, training, experiences, some of the staff and the facilities. Travel is the least problem. I want to be in the ICU, OR or Kidney unit. Sad to say, 100% I wont be able to go to ICU because my brother is already working there. Relatives can't work in the same area. And my cousin also wants to work in the ICU. Same hospital, lucky for her, she has different lastname although her mom is known in the OR and ICU as a CI and the aunt of one of the staff. I want to work in that area too...
The my second option is Asian Hospital. I don't know anything about this instituation. New faces, just few minutes away from my house, new facilities, I don't know if they offer free seminars and training like MMC. I also dont know the benefits. In short, I have to start from scratch! The only difference is, I can work in the ICU if ever I'll be assign there.
I really need advice, suggestions, comments or any information..... Thank you...
- Sep 3, '07 by Lorodzthen apply at asian hospital, if your a new grad like me, they need a license number and like any hospital, they have an entrance exam, best of luck. Im planning to apply there too!
- Sep 4, '07 by lenjoy03Thank you... can you please tell me something about asian hospital? I'm not satisfied with the informations in their website. I just want to know more....
- Sep 4, '07 by dave787this two hospitals are repectable and one of the best in the country. no matter what hospital you are here once you work in the US well you still have to go back to zero. and im sure youll expereince same thing in any of this hospital. i would suggest that you go which is nearer to you. its not practical your a resident of makati and you wnat to work in alabang, i hope you consider it too. be wise!
- Sep 5, '07 by lenjoy03I would suggest that you go which is nearer to you. its not practical your a resident of makati and you wnat to work in alabang, i hope you consider it too. be wise!
- Sep 6, '07 by rastah28my sister and alot of my friends are currently staff nurses in Asian... according to them asian hospital offers free seminars to their staff..and yes there is an exam before you apply.the requirements are.. you got to have your iv therapy license,Basic life support certificate and of cors your PRC license and you must be a member of PNA..
- Sep 6, '07 by lenjoy03Thanks rastah!
An IV therapy license? Gee.... Still don't have one...
- Sep 11, '07 by w_padreQuote from rastah28hi people. just reading some of your posts. June 2007 first take passer too. I'm looking forward of having my IV training too. We'll I learned from u guys we need to wait for the license before we can have it done *sigh... so we need to wait again huh... gudluck guysYour Welcome lenjoy!
Me too i dnt have one..coz i just passed the board.. and im still waiting for the license so i can apply for the IV training..
- Sep 12, '07 by lenjoy03Just made up my mind... I better go ahead with MMC. I was informed by a friend this everning after our thanksgiving party sponsored by the school that it has a direct hiring when a nurse came to our school. No need to wait... I dont know if this is applicable to other schools. I dont need an IV therapy, BLS or ALS license to get in because they offer it to their nurses for free...