to declare or not to declare my "license" - page 2

here's my dilemma, I passed the local boards last June 2006 and because of certain issues, our licenses are on hold. I know it has been said a lot of times that a local license is not needed for... Read More

  1. by   FutureUSRN
    If you have extra money to spend, you can gamble a few hundred dollars by applying to the BON of your choice, write an explanation why you still do not have a license. You might get chance to receive your eligibility. But as I said, it is a gamble. It's your money vs. time.
  2. by   lawrence01
    Too much of a gamble for your money in my opinion. All State BON includes their tel # and e-mail for queries in their websites. I would suggest to contact them and tell them your case instead. This way you wouldn't risk anything. Pls. post their reply here, as well so that all other RNs in the same situation as yours and there are MANY would benefit.

    I'm quite sure, there are still meetings being conducted regarding the issue as we speak. Meetings by employers, individual State BON and of course NCSBN.

    NCSBN has already came out that the Philippines would definitely not have a NCLEX testing center in the near future as a result.

    Just my two cents.
    Last edit by lawrence01 on Aug 26, '06
  3. by   lawrence01
    Just want to add that it is not up to us what we want to do but what the State BON requires.

    This also goes for potential employers as well. Some employers may shy away from hiring from the June 2006 batch. And just a food for thought for everyone: if some local hospitals are already contemplating on hiring any RNs from the June 2006 batch until all issues are resolved conclusively what more for employers abroad ??

    Just my two cents.
  4. by   suzanne4
    I have just seen a memo that was released even concerning fraud with the IELTS exams held in Manila now.

    With everything that is coming out and it is coming out in a downpour, n oone is going to do anything until there is final word from the PRC. To do so, and then invest the money in you, only to find that issues jump up later, none are going to do it. And with the retrogression looming, you will have some time to make things right.

    First, would be to retest withe NLE exam and clear your name. That should be first on your list of to do things. Even if PRC eventually grants licenses from this exam, there are already articles in almost every major newpaper in the US on the topic. The only way to start fresh is with a clean slate.

    Your choice on what to do. But if asking my opinion, you have no choice but to retest.
  5. by   Lone Stranger
    Quote from suzanne4
    I have just seen a memo that was released even concerning fraud with the IELTS exams held in Manila now..
    I have heard no such rumor anywhere and would like to verify your source. Suzanne, if you don't mind.
  6. by   Lone Stranger
    Quote from suzanne4
    I have just seen a memo that was released even concerning fraud with the IELTS exams held in Manila now..
    Date of exam?
    Location?
    Manner of fraud?
    Confirmation/Investigator?
  7. by   g_race
    hi! ctatacute... i suppose it would be best to explain to them your case... since you don't hold any license yet because of the unresolved issue, i strongly believe that people in US BON won't discriminate applicants ... first of all they are not requiring local board exams to sit for nclex... just honestly explain it to them in your letter...

    Tagalog is not allowed per Terms of Service (TOS) of this forum;
    text or short-messaging language is strongly discouraged as well. Pease read the stickies for this forum
    Last edit by g_race on Aug 26, '06
  8. by   suzanne4
    Quote from ctatacute
    thanks suzanne4, I don't want to commit fraud that's why I'm asking all this.. thanks.. and now i guess I'll wait until the issues are settled, I believe that everything from here is on hold.. for months.. and there's nothing I can do about it so I wait..

    on the note I took our boards because I wanted to be a CI someday.. hahaha...
    What is a CI? We do not have that title in the US.
  9. by   suzanne4
    Quote from Starbee
    I guess we are on hold for months. I'm planning to apply to Vermont or NM, but I am still waiting for my license. I hope the TRO be lifted as soon as possible so we can move on.

    Hi Suzanne, if ever the court decided that there is no need to retake the exam, do you think American employers would still insist we retake it coz they might question our competence because of the controversy?
    Not one that I have spoken to all over the country is willing to hire a nurse that will not retake the exam. There is way too much at issue concerning that.

    I will not help anyone that will not retake the exam...............or is adamant about not retaking the exam. Thnk about it, if they refuse to retake, it only means one thing, and the only to clear your name is to retake. Otherwise you will have a cloud hanging over you for years.

    It is not like it is a quiet issue and only known about in Manila, it has been in every major newspaper in the US over the past few weeks. And now with the other issues coming up concerning fraudulant IELTS documents, you are going to be watched extremely close. And every single document will be gone over with a fine tooth comb.
  10. by   suzanne4
    Quote from FutureUSRN
    If you have extra money to spend, you can gamble a few hundred dollars by applying to the BON of your choice, write an explanation why you still do not have a license. You might get chance to receive your eligibility. But as I said, it is a gamble. It's your money vs. time.
    Makes no sense at all. Every single Board of Nursing knows why there have not been licenses issued as of yet in the Philippines. Why would anyone want to let a nurse take an exam over here, if they took the exam there and do not have a license. Same thing with those that took it and did not pass it. You need to list that...................remember that you need a VSC as well, and CGFNS is not going to give it if you took the exam, and do not have a license to show for it. Please use some common sense here.

    Glad to hear that you have so much money to throw away, but that is not the way to do things. If you try to get around things and take a shortcuti, it is going to come back and bite you.

    With the retrogression looming, you all have more than enough time to get things done properly. Trying to get your application flagged at a BON is not the way to do things. Nor to get something flaggee at immigration. It can cuase issues for you the rest of your career.
  11. by   suzanne4
    Quote from Lone Stranger
    Date of exam?
    Location?
    Manner of fraud?
    Confirmation/Investigator?
    It is not a specific date, but that Certiifcates of passing were obtained fraudulantly. I sent you an e-mail/pm concerning this. I am not posting it here.

    This is actually nothing new, I have been hearing about it for months, actually most of the last year. Things started back with the Vermont processing office several years ago, remember when everyone was complaining about them being slow all of a sudden? They started going over every single piece of material from the Philippines as they uncovered there was quitre a bit being processes thru there that was not received in proper fashion...............that is antoher reason that I always tell you to go to the US Embassy for anything that needs to be notorized, never use a local notary.

    You forget that I get information coming in to me from all over the world, and on a continuous basis. Any news coming out anywhere of issues with foreign nurses gets sent to me right away, including everything going on in Manila.

    At this point, the issue is not even specifics, but that this is generating talk all over. That is what you are going to need to contend with. Even interviews are going to become much more strict, and you will have to really be on top of things.
    Last edit by suzanne4 on Aug 26, '06
  12. by   FutureUSRN
    What Suzanne said is the best choice. It is safe and proven.

    I am just thinking that by being honest in one's application should do no harm to anyone. If the BON is really very keen on the current issue here in the Philippines, then it will write you a letter that your application for elibility is currently on-hold until after the issue is settled.

    I just can't understand the whole issue because as what was said many times in this forum, local license is not needed to sit for NCLEX. So why make a fuss over a licensing issue of a separate entity? The candidate will be tested anyway for NCLEX....and there are many who don't have local license and yet passed NCLEX. Maybe I'm too naive to understand everything.
  13. by   g_race
    Sorry I'm not aware of TOS... thanks for the reminder :-)

close