POEA/SRO Nurses for KSA - Page 6Register Today!
- Feb 2, '11 by LyferQuote from namuritHi namurit,I'm here in Saudi and am soon going back to the Philippines because contract will be finished. Like some others here, the institution I am now in has terrible management. They are requiring us to work for 7 days (meaning-- without a dayoff) without even asking us if it's okay. Work is heavy. It's just a polyclinic and the monthly salary is very unflattering-- 1500 riyals (i know, I'm an idiot for taking this job..but it's a long story about semi-illegal recruitment because I was told while I wasin the Philippines that I'd be working in a hosp, etc). I'm wondering if I should go home or extend my stay until at least after I am able to find another institution, preferrably a hospital this time-- that pays better and has better compensation for heavy work (should work be this heavy again, that is). My friends in the Philippines keep on telling me to just stay here because "there is no hope here (Phils) so you better stay there in the meantime".
But as I've said, management is terrible with its employees. There are too many policies almost close to slave labor. So, what do you think? If I go home, will there be a chance that I'd be able to get a job again abroad if my experience is only in a polyclinic? We have ER duty though.
I'm sad about your story..and can't help but to feel sorry because I know how helpless it feels to be in that situation..
How many years are you already in that hospital? Your contract is about to finish right? Have you save some money? Maybe enough for your next application? If you have at least 2 years of experience, even if it's in polyclinic, then there's gonna be more opportunities better than that institution you are in now.
It is a risk you are about do, and opportunities might not just pop in front of you or fall like confetti from above. But you have to try.
I believe that you have become stronger after your stay there, and so I believe as well that whatever crisis is in our beloved Philippines will not be a great hindrance for you to keep finding the right break for you.
You can check workabroad.com.ph for references of job openings.
Also, there are rumors that there will be MOH-KSA delegates coming this summer.
- Feb 6, '11 by indaihi! my friends and i passed our requirements at POEA last january 19,2011. I have 1 year and half hospital experience..hmmmm..I hope that we will be texted sooner..coz I have already resigned in my job.. we are still waiting.. I hope that there will be a delegation this february or march.. Also, we haven't received/got the orange card from POEA beacause of the new POEA chairman/management..new signatory at the card..they told us to go back after a week but we went home to our province after the day after we submitted the requirements..have our requirements been forwarded to SRO even if we still don't have the orange card? i'm hoping for your response..thank you!
- Feb 7, '11 by LyferQuote from indaihi indai,hi! my friends and i passed our requirements at POEA last january 19,2011. I have 1 year and half hospital experience..hmmmm..I hope that we will be texted sooner..coz I have already resigned in my job.. we are still waiting.. I hope that there will be a delegation this february or march.. Also, we haven't received/got the orange card from POEA beacause of the new POEA chairman/management..new signatory at the card..they told us to go back after a week but we went home to our province after the day after we submitted the requirements..have our requirements been forwarded to SRO even if we still don't have the orange card? i'm hoping for your response..thank you!
may i know the reason why did you resign from your previous employer? i hope the reason is not your application to SRO because there is no certainty when will an applicant be dispatched to work even after all the procedures to hiring is done..
Regarding your queries, what i know is that all applications in POEA will only be forwarded to SRO if there is an scheduled delegation / exam / interview. Until then, all applications will be kept in POEA.
And about the orange card, maybe they will hold your application. But nothing much to worry 'coz you can easily obtain that orange card even when the delegation has started. You can obtain the card, then take your documents directly to SRO if POEA hasn't submitted them yet.
- Feb 7, '11 by indaithank you lyfer for the reply..all we are praying right now is about the delegation to be sooner..i hope it will be this march.. thanks again!
- Feb 9, '11 by Lyferwell..yes you're correct..but I really hope it will be this february^_^
- Feb 10, '11 by miss_disomeone told me there will be delegations this February. I asked here if that's confirmed, but I guess its just a here say. I really do hope so there will be interviews this month too.
- Feb 10, '11 by indaithank you lyfer and mean_gurl98! wish us luck!
- Feb 11, '11 by Lyferyes, good luck to all
- Feb 15, '11 by abby_rnreally poea accept 1 year exp.? Last dec. I tried to pass my requirements I have 1 year exp as a nurse in Lying-In and 8 mos training in hospital.. but they did not accept it. they said it should be 1 year hospital experience and training should be 1 year as well.. =(
Can I pass may requirment at SRO? thank you.
- Feb 16, '11 by vdavshi..i was interviewed last oct 2010, they texted me 2x to get my medical referral, but i did not come..they texted me last january that if i cant comply with the requirements they will cancel my application.now im done with my medical and all, when i had my evaluation they told me that 1 year exp is no longer accepted. Last week they texted me to have prometric exam and an arabian telephoned me telling that if i have already prometric exam i can report to sro anytime.. any news whether they are now accepting 1 year exp?thanks