PGH feedback (continued)Register Today!
- by mikeru22 Oct 26, '12Hi, I took the initiative to start another thread about PGH since the first thread closed. My dear colleagues please keep posting your inquiries, updates and what not about PGH in this thread.
- 12,866 Views
- Oct 26, '12 by mikeru22Dear colleagues, I was scheduled for panel interview on October 30, 2012 at 1PM. Is there anyone else here who got the same schedule. I heard the questions could be as simple as personal questions to basic nursing procedures. I hope everything goes well. I'm just really glad because I can finally go through step 2. My original schedule was July 7.
- Oct 26, '12 by NurseM015Goodluck!
Anyway, i have a question. I am a bit confused, what will take place on the november 5th 2012? Would it be the NPE itself already?
- Oct 28, '12 by NurseM015Is that different from those who want to apply as a staff nurse?
- Oct 30, '12 by mikeru22Done with panel interview. God is good. I enjoyed the interview and it was entirely different than what I thought it would be like. The panelists are head nurses of various specialty wards in PGH but they are okay. I was just asked personal questions.
- Oct 31, '12 by NurseM015would there be a chance of getting hired if you enter the APCN program instead of applying and taking the NPE? i am confused of what my aunt told me to do. Thanks!
- Oct 31, '12 by mikeru22Quote from NurseM015<br><br>Hey NurseM015, one of the things they would consider in hiring you is your years of experience in a 100 bed capacity hospital and training and seminars attended. Joining the APCN would surely give you an edge among all the other applicants for sure but you still need to go through the regular screening process for the staff nurse post even after joining the training. Is it confirmed they will be releasing Dean's forms on November 5, I forgot to ask them about last time. I am planning to join the APCN as well. would there be a chance of getting hired if you enter the APCN program instead of applying and taking the NPE? i am confused of what my aunt told me to do. Thanks!