my fiance wants to become a midwife. She is german and has NO former education, she "only" completed 12 years of school.
We are currently here in Manila, i have a work visa, she so far only tourist visa (we plan to get married end of the year)..
Now the questions:
- does she qualify for a midwife course/education here in manila?
(i believe so, but i am not sure. i guess she would have to take some tests at a school (TOEFL, MNAT) then she gets a confirmation from the school, then student visa and then start.. is this correct?)
- this midwife course would be 2 years or 4?
- often i have seen the term DIPLOMA, which for me does not sound like a proper education.. is the DIPLOMA sufficient to be acknowledged as official MIDWIFE (and get a job as a MIDWIFE, here in the PH but also internationally??)
- If she has sucessfully absolved the 2 years and is a midwife, can she extend her education from there further?
- which schools can you recommend for midwifery in manila area.
i hope some of you might have some valuable infos..
thanks in avance