Makati medical center- cetn 2012Register Today!
This is a discussion on Makati medical center- cetn 2012 in Nursing in the Philippines, part of World Nursing ... Hello, my fellow Filipino Nurses! I'd like to talk about the CETN program in Makati Medical...by blair111 Dec 4, '12Hello, my fellow Filipino Nurses!
I'd like to talk about the CETN program in Makati Medical Center.
Last September, I was advised by a friend of mine who is currently a staff nurse in MMC, that they are already open for application for the CETN.
CETN is a training program for nurses who would like to work in MMC. This is NOT a direct hire post. Accepted applicants will go through 2-month training and then eventually, they COULD be absorbed/ hired as a staff.
This has been an on-going program in MMC for years now, but the difference this year, is that the nurses who get accepted will no longer pay the fee of 10,000 PHP.
The process that I went through started with submitting basic credentials like TOR, Board Certificate, and of course, your updated resume. They will screen the applicants from there, based on their board rating I guess, and the school you graduated from makes a big difference. You will be instructed to wait for their call, for usually 2 weeks.
In my case, they called within the week from my submission. I submitted my credentials on a Tuesday; they called me Friday that same week to invite me to come for the exam. The exam was scheduled the next Monday.
After the exam, you will undergo the initial interview. Mine was set 2 days after the exam which was a Wednesday. The initial interview consists of basic questions about yourself, your educational and work background (if any) and there are some personal questions too.
They instructed me to undergo medical examination that same day, and gave me a list of requirements to complete.
I completed the medical exam about 2 weeks after the initial interview. MEDICAL EXAM FOR CETN IS FREE. IT IS COVERED BY MMC. Should you withdraw your application though, they would require you to pay.
I was instructed to wait for a call/ text from HR regarding the schedule of my final interview; they texted 2 weeks after the completion of my medical exam.
The final interview went smoothly; it was a one on one encounter, not the usual panel interview. It lasted for 30 minutes. The questions were about nursing knowledge. They would evaluate how much you have retained and of course your application of that knowledge. Most of the questions were situational.
They called to inform me that I passed the final interview 2 weeks later. And asked me to wait for another call, as a go-signal to pass the requirements they asked me to complete earlier in the process. They also mentioned that the training would probably start in the first quarter of next year (2013), 2nd quarter would be the latest.
I asked a few questions, by the way, on that last conversation with HR. I asked whether we would be given an allowance or any compensation during training, how long the training would last and the probability and duration after training of getting hired.
They couldnít give me an exact answer regarding the allowance or compensation during training because they havenít finalized everything yet. The training would last 2 months and eventual hiring would depend on your performance and vacancies. All these would be evaluated first. According to my friend though, it will only take a week after training then they would call you right away for employment.
That was my experience. Iím still waiting now, they said they would probably call on the first week of January.
Please feel free to comment! I would appreciate more input regarding this. The forum I was following is already closed and I donít have any more resources. If you have any intel regarding the CETN program, please, please comment!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=800657©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 21,390 Views
- Dec 4, '12 by reshinTheir hirings after the CETN is really based on the vacancies after your training because some were contacted as fast as 1 - 2 weeks while others waited for months. I dont know about the upcoming batch of CETNs but I do wish all of you goodluck!
- Dec 4, '12 by snippetthey said the same things to me...I hope that they will call ask us to report on January. It would be nice to work/train early next year.
- Dec 4, '12 by blair111the sooner the better. I really hope they would contact us immediately. work is very crucial to me. i have bills to pay and i'm too old to be depending on my mom for food etc. i know all of you can relate. i tried working as a call center agent and i wasn't happy. that's why im pushing my nursing career so hard. I just got lucky i came across the cetn opening just in time. Do you think it will really take as late as 2nd quarter next year for training to start?
- Dec 4, '12 by reshinQuote from blair111I really dont know but since Ive heard that there are still some CETNs not yet hired as of the moment, it really is up in the air when the next batch will start.the sooner the better. I really hope they would contact us immediately. work is very crucial to me. i have bills to pay and i'm too old to be depending on my mom for food etc. i know all of you can relate. i tried working as a call center agent and i wasn't happy. that's why im pushing my nursing career so hard. I just got lucky i came across the cetn opening just in time. Do you think it will really take as late as 2nd quarter next year for training to start?
- Dec 4, '12 by dan5566wow ur so lucky! i have passed my credentials last wk of oct but still got no call from them..=(
- Dec 4, '12 by RedvelvetloubieWow! I didn't know that MMC is doing this. I am a graduate of the school and worked briefly at MMC hospital. Good luck to all of you waiting to get hired!
- Dec 4, '12 by mikeru22Hi blair111, where can I go to submit my requirements? Thanks.Last edit by mikeru22 on Dec 4, '12
- Dec 6, '12 by blair111Quote from reshinso I've heard. i really wish we'd have better luck.I really dont know but since Ive heard that there are still some CETNs not yet hired as of the moment, it really is up in the air when the next batch will start.
- Dec 6, '12 by blair111Quote from dan5566I'm not sure when they stopped accepting applications. I've seen in another forum that they already refused to accept credentials by oct. so chances are you will be pooled for the next opening. First screening started with the evaluation of transcript, board rating and resume. I've heard from others that if you have an average of 80% and above and came from a reputable school that you'll be considered. If you passed these criteria and still wasn't called most probably you'll be put in the next batch. But just to be sure, submit your credentials again once they open.wow ur so lucky! i have passed my credentials last wk of oct but still got no call from them..=(