June 08 passerRegister Today!
- by johncfRN Mar 21, '09i really feel bad about whenever i think about the lost time.. I mean im a june 08 passer with no hospital training whatsoever (i dont know if IV therapy count). Especially if my mom comapres me to her "amigas" children... She usually tells me how come *beeep* is in training howcome ure not.... little things like that. Its not like im not trying. And i just think how many people wants to be in my place . I just wanna share this lol The main thing i wanna ask is where THE **** can i start training.... Ive applied to hospitals but with no luck at all. Can you guys tell me where's the a good place to train? BTW i lice at Quezon City near mindanao avenueLast edit by Silverdragon102 on Mar 22, '09 : Reason: Changed to all *****
- Mar 22, '09 by kyckerzSame thing happened to me (except the IV thing), and same batch too. ^_^.. Even up to now, I never got into training. Though untrained, I applied for a hospital just last year just to push my luck, without any training or whatsoever. Tough luck, I was able to start from scratch. It is really hard to get into a hospital. Connections are now obsolete since everybody got connections inside a hospital (unless they own it). If you are from QC (as where I am now) you may try going St. Lukes (for Global City), they are still hiring nurses. If you got money, you might as well try for Heart Center, Lung Center or Kidney Center (if with connections). Some of my friends took EMT at PNRC and finished the course and went off to Singapore. Some took risk going out of the country.
There are lots of hospitals around QC. You might try looking from the ones nearest Mindanao Avenue (training/job): Montano Ramos (Mindanao Ave and Bago Bantay), JP Sioson (Bago Bantay), VMMC, QC Gen (inside Gami)
Novaliches Area: Nova Gen, Bernardino General Hospital
E Rodriguez/Q Ave area: UDMC, De Los Santos STI, SLMC (the one for Global City since QC is on freeze), Childrens Hospital, Fe Del Mundo, Capitol Med(Quezon Ave)
- Mar 22, '09 by joy_smile22same goes with me.. Im also a June 08 board passer and I just recently noticed that it was already 9 months have passed and still I am unemployed. It was really so depressing that we spend a lot of money (for our tuitions, uniforms, allowances, expensive books, paraphernalias and review expenses) for us to be able to become RN and now we made it but here we are now -- unemployed. I already have my 3 months volunteer training here in one of the tertiary hospitals in my province but It was still not enough. I applied to different job postings abroad but ended up rejected because I don't have the required years of experience they needed. And just like you, I felt pressured and sometimes annoyed by what my parents are implying to me but I can't do anything. What I can suggest to you is you can send applications to different hospitals there in manila ( near or far to your place, you really need to invest time, money and effort) and patiently wait for their response and while waiting for it, don't let time pass you by doing nothing productive. You can attend nursing seminars/trainings that will add up to your qualifications/skills because one day these will help you a lot. Don't lose hope or even let thoughts of quitting empower you, just always keep in mind that the right time for the right opportunity for you will come.
I just want you to know that we are on the same boat, but those advice I gave you is what makes me going despite of all the difficulties I have now in searching for a better career as a nurse.
Just always remember, you're not alone dude!!:wink2:
- Mar 22, '09 by kyckerzThe most important thing that should be used (that we learned during our BSN days) is patience.. We never know when will our time to shine be so do not lose any hope in you.
- Mar 23, '09 by khuslaposi hope you guys dont mind if i vent out here.. im also a june 08 passer.. and a second courser. sometimes when i get bored i have doubts in my mind if nursing is really for me. i feel totally ashamed to my father because im not getting any younger but i still live with him, jobless. to think that i finished 2 degrees.... but please dont get me wrong i would really like to practice nursing but times are hard and i dont think people around me understand it..
- Mar 23, '09 by Kimongto johncfRN:
Try Quirino Memorial Medical Center in project 4...Just pass the following:
Letter of intent addressed to Dr. Rosalinda Arandia (Medical Center Chief II)
PRC ID or claim stub
Diploma/Certificate of Graduation
NBI/ Police clearance
Pass these at the Office of Special concerns. Just ask the guard where it is. Days of submission are Tuesdays and Thursdays only, if I remember it right. When you pass your requirements, they'll immediately schedule you for an exam. Pass it right away because they only have limited slots...
- Mar 23, '09 by mickeeeyVolunteer on private/public clinics, as a school nurse or look around for medical missions while waiting to get accepted for a job. There are tons of nursing seminars as well.
- Mar 23, '09 by brigzdont lose hope guys!
im also a june 08 passer and was recently employed last january 09
i was a volunteer for 3 mos from oct-dec...
i passed 18 hospitals the day after the PRC released the june 08 result...
but only 2 hospitals texted me..
- Apr 3, '09 by angeXOXO:guys same here,,,why not try to apply at POAE fro KSA...i guess okay ...my two sisters have been to Saudi and they both went home safely under MOH, HOP ...it is a government to government transaction ....the problem is if you dont have yet you board certificate one of the most important requirement....i am a june 2008 passer too...and still un employed...is waiting for my board certificate so i can apply sa POAE...
- Apr 3, '09 by brigz^^
the problem with that WINDOW M of POEA is that they only accept FEMALE NURSES. ive tried to submit my credentials last september but unfortunately they dodnt accept my resume.
im also a june 2008 passer and i knew the situation here in the philippines that's why the week after i got the result of my exam, i applied to 18 hospitals!!! 3 of those hospitals called me up for assesment/interview. then 1 hospital accepted me as a volunteer for october-december last year and last january, that hospital hired me as an ER nurse. i lost my phone last december so the other 2 hospitals didnt get the chance to contact me for the follow up/result of my assesment.
my advise to all of you guys, work in a callcenter first while waiting for the hospitals to hire you. i know there are callcenters that dont hire nurses anymore but you just have to tell them that you didnt take the board exam. hehe
then take the BLS, IVT and ACLS training becuase most hospitals are requiring those trainings, especially the IVT and BLS