ivt license dilemmaRegister Today!
This is a discussion on ivt license dilemma in Nursing in the Philippines, part of World Nursing ... my ivt will be expiring few months from now, for the span of 3 years i havent attended any updates....by fzaq00 Feb 18, '12my ivt will be expiring few months from now, for the span of 3 years i havent attended any updates. i rarely hear about updates in our area.
should i just let it expire and take refresher course instead? seminars costs money.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=675996©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,872 Views
- Feb 19, '12 by missdreamyJoin an update unless you want more pain in the arse once it expires. I mean better have it than not need it than need it but don't have it.
- Feb 20, '12 by fzaq00my concern is that i might not get the needed units even if i join updates. i might be just spending money and not meeeting the required units and end up taking more pain in the arse at the end. in just five months my card expires
- Feb 20, '12 by princess choiIf you let your card expire, you will not attend the refresher course but rather an IVT training course as if you are a first timer. You have to do a revalida of skills that they will teach you, get a venipuncture with your partner (Ouch!), and complete cases, AGAIN.
Just attend the refresher course before your card expire to save time and money. A refresher course cost less.
- Feb 20, '12 by fzaq00yes thats what i mean. training course:spin:
- Feb 20, '12 by princess choiif you will attend the refresher course, you just have to attend the seminar.
- Feb 20, '12 by purplechicxiiiMine is about to expire this coming June, and I'm not planning to renew it anymore. Since I don't gain anything from it (except for the ID and the certificate). Lol.:spin: But I never thought that we still need to attend a seminar or something just to renew it.
- Feb 21, '12 by missdreamyGuys, just to be sure go ahead and renew it. Make sure that you're going to get your update at an ANSAP accredited institution to avoid wasting your money and time.
- Feb 22, '12 by hobiecutetry to look for thier site, search in ANSAP
- Feb 22, '12 by fzaq00i want to renew mine but we dont get much ivt related seminars in pangasinan so i might not the 24 units cpe required and i'll end up going back to zero