BEST review center for IELTS in MANILA??? - Page 2Register Today!
- Aug 5, '10 by kingpinQuote from jenna18hi jenna18. i went to the link you gave, it says "there are no licenses at the moment"...anyway , i'll be registering with British Council maybe next week. thanks for the tip. God bless you!you don't really need to review... but if your registered with British Council, you can use their facilities (at the Taipan 10F ofc, ortigas) anytime for free.(just be sure to bring a jacket with you!) or just buy cambridge ielts 6 and other books from prc. another privilege from british council is the free 30 hours of Road to IELTS, but i found a site where the full version is accessible. Road to IELTS Academic from Clarity and the British Council
IELTS is a pretty easy exam. just take note of the tips that you'll find fro books. how to write your essay and how to answer in the interview. my tip for the listening test- watch a lot of movies, from the UK (e.g. love actually, imagine me and you) and just listen to the listening practice tests on ur ipod, even if you're not taking a test. just keep listening until the day of your test. follow my advice: don't enroll yourself anymore and waste your money in the review centers. you'll do just well. goo dluck!
- Aug 5, '10 by kingpinhi everybody. just wanted to ask whats the difference between an ielts test which is academic and general training...could someone shed light on this one...thanks in advance. God bless!
- Aug 6, '10 by chocokat79Quote from kingpinAcademic is for Nurses.hi everybody. just wanted to ask whats the difference between an ielts test which is academic and general training...could someone shed light on this one...thanks in advance. God bless!
- Aug 6, '10 by jasper20099.0 Niner. No contest!
- Aug 7, '10 by jenna18Quote from kingpinthat road to ielts is licensed to Chinese University of Hongkong. try to search for this. it has the full version for free, but if you purchase it from british council, you'll pay 350 pesos.hi jenna18. i went to the link you gave, it says "there are no licenses at the moment"...anyway , i'll be registering with British Council maybe next week. thanks for the tip. God bless you!
- Aug 8, '10 by HushdawgI've attended lectures at many of the IELTS classes.
Niner will help you get the IELTS score you need but they do not actually help you use the English language with any more efficiency. What is the use of passing an exam and not completely knowing how to use the language?
I prefer the approach by American English Language in Makati. They teach English language along with IELTS testing concepts so you actually improve the way you use the language instead of just learning tricks to pass the exam.
Rachell Allen reviews is also good for this, the review instructors are very diverse there and will teach Nurses for Academic and skilled workers for general in the same class. They do this because they keep very small class sizes to maintain a high level of one-on-one contact which is essential for language education.
Niner's class setup is disturbing with upwards of 30+ people in a class to teach language, it's ridiculous.
My friends in British Council and IDP Australia agree with this assessment of Niner's methods as well. Niner also uses misleading advertising claims that they are ranked as the top agent by BC and IDP.
All that really means is that they pass on more IELTS registration forms to the agencies than anyone else.
Neither British Council nor IDP Australia issue official evaluations of IELTS review centers.
Don't buy the hype.. buy real language training and get your money's worth.
- Aug 8, '10 by chocokat79I agree with Hushdawg..
Niners is a good review center but certainly not the best. I reviewed with Careerworx in Ortigas and I got good scores as well (I have a 9, with no score lower than 7). What I liked about my review at Careerworx is that the class was really small. In our batch there were only 5 of us, plus the ones that sit-in.
In my opinion it's better to enroll in a small class rather than a large one. You'll need all the concentration you can get during your review especially on Reading and Listening...
- Aug 14, '10 by twinkx20can i ask where is the address of CAreerworx in ortigas?? im going to take the ielts exam... need some tips or idea what would be the exam.. thanks
- Aug 15, '10 by chocokat79Quote from twinkx20CareerWorx Review:can i ask where is the address of CAreerworx in ortigas?? im going to take the ielts exam... need some tips or idea what would be the exam.. thanks
Room 507. 5/F Prestige Tower Emerald Avenue Ortigas Center, Pasig City Philippines Phone: 632 – 6317001 Mobile: 0920 4032856
Good luck on your review!
- Apr 16, '11 by goviewhy do i feel that niners.09 is using every opportunity inthe web to advertise?i dont kknow if ill believe the other post that's its true or they themselves(niners) posting it.hmmmmmm.Is it really true? but honestly which review center can u guys recommend, how much would it cost?and where it is located thanks so much