ATTENTION: CA BON Now Requires SSN to apply for NCLEX. - Page 3Register Today!
- May 5, '10 by HushdawgQuote from RN-w4GThat is correct. So focus on your review and prepare yourself well so that you can pass in one take. I hope you have chosen a quality review center, can I ask where you are reviewing?hi..i had my eligibility last dec 2009..i am planning to take my exam this august..if i may just clarify this one, if ever i will fail the said exam..i need to present a current SSN to be able to retake the exam?
- May 6, '10 by nursewawaQuote from Hushdawgahh oke , this answered my concern also...If your application was received by California before the April 26th enforcement decision then you will be handled according to the previous methods.
thank you Hushdawg and all...
- May 7, '10 by vras16i was planning to take apply on Colorado BON,but also require CGFNS that is why im still thinking about it,,,what about New Mexico?is CGFNS evaluation still needed?
- May 8, '10 by Silverdragon102Quote from vras16I suggest you check out the state BON website. I think you will find many states require CGFNS CES and some may use another type of evaluationi was planning to take apply on Colorado BON,but also require CGFNS that is why im still thinking about it,,,what about New Mexico?is CGFNS evaluation still needed?
- May 8, '10 by frodo10that info about ssn requirement is accurate.
- May 13, '10 by cris25Quote from Hushdawghi. in my case, my nclex exam will expire this october and i was told by ca bon that they will no longer extend the validity of my exam. what do i do now?According to my conversation with persons at California BRN the enforcement date is April 26, 2010.
The policy HAS ALWAYS BEEN IN EXISTANCE, however the BRN was making exceptions by allowing foreign RNs apply and just hold the license. They will no longer be making exceptions.
I had the same question about date, I already asked it and got the information for you.
This applies to all new applications, Endorsement, renewal or extensions.
I'll inform you more as I continue to get information.
This creates a series of problems for foreign nurses as one cannot get an SSN without a visa and one cannot get a work visa without employee sponsorship which nurses would not get if they are not NCLEX passers.
These sorts of radical changes at a moment's notice are precisely why so many nurses outside the USA seek professional NCLEX application services.
- May 13, '10 by HushdawgYour best bet would be to endorse to another state. Not all states will accept without a physical license so you'll need to be sure.
Do you have family in the USA that you plan on moving in with once you get there? Do you have an employer? You should look for states that are going to fit your final goals, not short-term ones.
There are professional centers which can help you with this process through consultancy if you feel overwhelmed. it is hard to put all the information into a few blog entries, especially since requirements from the boards of nursing can change rapidly.
- May 16, '10 by im_a_NARSearly morning bad news. i was about to send my application this week.
- May 17, '10 by HushdawgBetter to find out now than to get the application rejected after paying for the fees.
- May 21, '10 by ryajI believe a federal employer identification number can also be provided, because it said in the regulation "federal employer identification number or ssn"....