any FILIPINO members here?
- 0May 7, '03 by hael171972hi!!im also a filipino and im here in the Philippines..just to know some filipino members and to ask tips from them on how they were employed in the US...im currently working as a nurse specialist in 2Dimensional Echocardiography, Treadmill Stress Echo, treadmill stress test and dobutamine stress echo..
i trained at the Philippine Heart Center for more than 3 months.and im currently working here in San Fernando, La union..
my monthly is 6,180 (gross) in pesos..
have to seek my luck there...
ill be taking my CGFNS exam this september 10...hopefully ill pass the test...wish me luck!!!
- 18,422 Visits
- 0Dec 2, '05 by cattleyaQuote from momx4Hello.. i am a filipino too, actually im a new member here..Hi I am a filipino. I actually live in the US now. I have lived here most of my life. I am a student now working towards becoming a nurse.
Cant wait to get to know you all!
im a second year student nurse here in Metropolitan Hospital College of Nursing.
- 0Dec 5, '05 by josie1Greetings to all of you!
Thank you for your warm welcome and great forum!
I am a Nurse from the Philippines. I am under petition from a New York Hospital that has had trouble recruiting RNs, so they came to the Philippines to recruit. I have 3 Years experience as a Med Surg Nurse. I was hired to work in rural New York and I hope to be there by late 2006 or early 2007.
Over here ( In the Phil.s) there are just so many Nurses that leave for the Middle East ( More than 100,000 Filipino to Saudi Arabia alone past 2 years),to Dubai, UAE , England (20,000 Filipino RNs past 3 years), Ireland and Canada.
The other sad part about Nursing in my country is that it is very hard to find work here because of the 'oversupply', Hospitals here only hire RNs who are between the ages of 23- 35 (Age Discrimination!). My first year I had to work doing 'pro-bono' work or work for Free at a 100 Bed Government,Provincial hospital. I have freinds who are just 'working here' for the "experience", but theyre families are struggling after getting into much debt. for their nursing education.
I am excited to go to the US and I look forward to learning more and possibly pursuing a Masters degree there. Even if I have an immigrant visa,I also want to eventualy return back here to the Philippines, after I have paid off my families debts and after building my expertise to becoming a Nursing instructor because of the need to improve the nursing/ healthcare education here.
God Bless you all !
- 0Dec 5, '05 by purply_hazyhi! I'm haze, a 24 year old single mom from Muntinlupa Citeeeee!!!!!
I'm a fourth year nursing student (graduating baby! ) and a shifter from a course in Communication Arts. I'm currently studying in Laguna Northwestern College and fell in love with Nursing as soon as I got hold of my first stethoscope.
I also plan on working abroad in the future, help the PI in my own little way by what they get through remittances and return back home, and like Ma'am Josie1, I want to be an instructor. I also dream of being a competitive nurse, help heal people even from across the globe without any thoughts of cultural differences (we all are brothers anyway), and I also want to be instrumental in attaining world peace. This is why I spend every possible moment studying my brains off! Hope everyone here gets to achieve everything they wish for.
I thank you.
- 0Dec 5, '05 by prettymamaI am also a Filipino, recently in Saudi Arabia, I first worked at our local Hospital with no salary at all,just to have experience.
It's been 7 years that I am working here in KSA and planning to take the CGFNS exam late next year.HOpe I can make.Anybody out there who will take CGFNS late of next year? Send PM to me.
JessicaLast edit by prettymama on Dec 5, '05