UBC Nursing 2010-2011 - Page 9Register Today!
- Apr 14, '10 by cheeseburgerk_mb. I emailed them about how many interview spots were given out and they replied 192. I'm not sure how many applied this year. I hope it goes well too
- Apr 23, '10 by tareijaI talked to someone at UBC yesterday, and she said that we should find out our status (ie. if we are made an offer of a place in the program or not) by the week of May 17th to 21st.
So, how is interview preparation going for everyone? I've been reading a bit about the MMI online. So far most of what I found is geared towards students trying to get in to medical school, but I know the interview format is the same even if the questions are different. A lot of what I've read says that you really can't do anything to prepare for the interview. The admissions clerk at UBC essentially told me the same thing, that there is no real way to prepare. Hmm... Thoughts anyone?
- Apr 23, '10 by k_mbYeah most people I spoke with said you can't really prep. The question I think are more to see what your ethics are and if you can think quick on your feet. So I think you just need to know yourself and what your views are on general ethical situations. How you would deal with patients in difficult situations perhaps.
Mine is Monday... getting a little nervous!
- Apr 26, '10 by aintreallynotreallygood luck!! let us know how it goes
- Apr 26, '10 by k_mbInterview went really well. The interviewers are super nice. I'm sure you will all do great! They give you a little run down of what to expect before you go and have to start answering questions. You can ask a bunch of questions before you begin during that time if you like. Then after the questions you get a run down of the program where you can also ask a bunch of questions. No need to worry. Everyone is super friendly and helpful.
- Apr 27, '10 by cheeseburgerInterview went well! The questions are only to test your thought process and critical thinking skills so not to worry. Everyone from our group were happy with how things went. Good luck everyone!
- Apr 27, '10 by tareijaQuestion for everyone who's already done their interview:
I know that you are not allowed to say what questions you were asked. However, if you're allowed to say so, can you tell us if the questions had anything to do with having a knowledge of nursing? Or was it more general than that?
My interview is tomorrow, and I'm trying to decide if I should spend the evening doing research on nursing, or whether I should study for my anatomy and physiology exam that's happening on Friday.
- Apr 27, '10 by cheeseburgerThere is no real way to prepare for these questions. Perhaps look over practice mock MMIs you find online to get an idea of the kind of questions asked. I think studying for your exam on Friday will be safe. Good luck!
- Apr 29, '10 by aintreallynotreallyGUYSSS WHAT DO I WEAR? formal? semiformal? sorry it's a dumb question but I really don't know.
- Apr 29, '10 by cheeseburgerSemiformal would be fine. I'm sure casual is okay too. It's really up to you