Which Toronto Hospitals Don't Hire RPN's?Register Today!
- by 2bNurse-88 Jul 5, '11as the title states, which Toronto & area hospitals don't hire Registered Practical Nurses?
Trying to figure out which hospitals to leave out of my RPN job search.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=587181©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 4,298 Views
- Jul 5, '11 by loriangel14I know that Mount Sinai and Sick Kids don't.
- Jul 5, '11 by dishesSick Kid's has been hiring RPNs for the past 18 months.
- Jul 5, '11 by loriangel14
Really? Cool. I didn't know that. Thanks.
- Jul 7, '11 by joanna73St Mikes downtown doesn't hire RPNs, but St Joes and Toronto Western does.
- Jul 7, '11 by 2bNurse-88
- Jul 21, '11 by future_hero
- Jul 21, '11 by 27400Quote from paternalnurseMany downtown Toronto Hospitals are "prestige" teaching/research hospitals that hire RPNs. It just depends on the unit and budgeting. My last placement use to have RPNs, and then they decided it was "too acute" for RPNs for awhile. They switched it back again because of budget issues and also because they were getting a lot of chronic "frequent flyers".Hi there, i was interested as to what line of work the RPN's would perform at sick kids. I was trying to find out if they hired RPN's too. I just didn't think so because I saw them to be a prestige teaching/research hospital. Please advise. Thanks.
- Jul 21, '11 by 27400Quote from paternalnurseThere's not a lot of RPNs on the floor. There was 1-2 RPNs working with ~8-10 RNs per shift. Overall I think there were 2-3 RPNs working in the unit I was on for my last placement. My unit was 2 units in 1 (i.e., it's a big unit), so yes they hire RPNs but sadly, not a lot.Hi there, i was interested as to what line of work the RPN's would perform at sick kids. I was trying to find out if they hired RPN's too. I just didn't think so because I saw them to be a prestige teaching/research hospital. Please advise. Thanks.
- Jul 22, '11 by future_heroRe-written belowLast edit by future_hero on Jul 22, '11 : Reason: Re-written below