Moving to CALGARY this summer.Anyone know what the job situation is like for LPN's? - Page 2Register Today!
- Mar 8, '11 by dilpreetHi Everyone ,
I am IEN with 3 years diploma in nursing , currently registered as LPN in BC ,I am planning to move to Alberta . Can someone tell me how much toime it will take to transfer my license from BC to Alberta . And what is the whole process for a IEN like me .
- Mar 8, '11 by janfrnYou will have to obtain an application from CARNA and have all of your documentation assessed just like you did in BC. The process could take as long as several months. Although you have a BC registration as an LPN Alberta is still going to treat you like any other IEN. Contact them for more information. Their contact information can be found here: Links to the Provincial Colleges of Nursing
- Mar 9, '11 by lilacloverI'm sooo excited for my move to Calgary in May! Anyone know which extended care facilities are the best to work at?
- Mar 31, '11 by dilpreetHello everyone,
Your advise is always valuable , I am IEN and after my SEC assesment I got one year re-entry prog from CRNBC , Wait time in Kwantlen university is too long . Can I do it from Thompson rivers university Kamloops. Has anyone done re entry prog from there . Plz reply and give your advise
- Mar 26, '12 by MyyearHie guys Did u eventually find jobs in Calgary, if so where?
- Mar 26, '12 by Fiona59Juli is working and we never did hear back from lila
- Apr 2, '12 by lilacloverHey guys, sorry I've been away from allnurses.com for a while for various reasons I won't get into right now. But I just decided to check back in today and saw that this thread was active again.
Just figured I'd let you know that I found a full-time job with AHS at Foothills hospital and am loving it!! LPN's here in Alberta are given much more responsibility and respect here in Alberta compared to BC and certainly compared to NB. Foothills hospital has proven to be a great place to work and I look forward to spending many more years there Good luck to any of you looking for jobs in Calgary. There is definitely a lot of opportunity here, shouldn't be hard to find a job.