Canada arranged employment... job options for foreign nursesRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Canada arranged employment... job options for foreign nurses in Nursing in Canada, part of World Nursing ... Hi Everyone! I am about to submit my FSW application for Canada in two months... I read from...by shulamite83 Apr 17, '12Hi Everyone! I am about to submit my FSW application for Canada in two months... I read from Canada's Immigration site that they will expedite the process if there is already a job offer. Just wondering what possible job options are available for foreign nurses, considering we're not licensed yet in their province/country??? Any ideas guys please????... I would really appreciate it! =)
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=699120©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,488 Views
- Apr 18, '12 by JustBeachyNurseI understand that there are many hiring freezes in Canada with numerous local applicants searching for nursing jobs. So the market is not too favorable for overseas IENs who have yet to meet the licensing requirements. You may have a better chance if you are experienced in a specialty area such as critical care.Last edit by sirI on Apr 18, '12
- Apr 18, '12 by sirIMoved to International forum.
- Apr 18, '12 by Silverdragon102I am not aware of the application being expedited if you have a job offer. Jobs are going to depend a lot on where you are planning on living and working and experience you have to offer. I am seeing jobs advertised however if hospital most state preference to internal candidates and whether community or hospital a LMO would be required. You can not submit application until the new list is released as cap for RN has been met although last time I looked if you have a job then you can submit application but finding employer may be hard
- Apr 18, '12 by shulamite83Quote from JustBeachyNurseYes, I agree that nursing jobs could not be an option as they would probably prefer hiring someone who's already licensed ..I understand that there are many hiring freezes in Canada with numerous local applicants searching for nursing jobs. So the market is not too favorable for overseas IENs who have yet to meet the licensing requirements. You may have a better chance if you are experienced in a specialty area such as critical care.
- Apr 18, '12 by shulamite83Yup, cap has been reached for nurses last July of 2011, it will probably reopen on July of this year... According to CICC, they prioritize application with arranged employment... So, I was taking my chance on finding a job, doesn't matter if it's an actual nursing job, or just something close to it, like care giver or something like that... :spin:
- Apr 19, '12 by Silverdragon102If they are saying they will prioritize with employment then I would suspect the expect the employment to be in the area you are applying for. Things are tough at the moment but like I said before a lot will depend on the province