Aesthetic nursing in canadaRegister Today!
- by pamiwhite05 Jun 17, '12Hi all, I am looking for some information regarding aesthetic nursing in canada. i currently work as a registered nurse in Scotland and freelance doing botoc and derm fillers injections, in which i have a certificate from a consultant plastic surgeon deeming me fit to practice, i also hold valid medical insurance to do this. I am currently looking into a working visa for canada, and was wondering if anyone could fill me in on how aesthetics works in canada? I know nurses are allowed to practice however i cant find any information on what training they do, and whether my qualification would be vaild if i were to go work in canada? Any information would be great
- Jun 17, '12 by Daisy_08Not sure about independently practising. But I do often see job postings for clinics where I live in southern Ontario, so I think you would be able to find something similar to that here.
- Jun 18, '12 by Silverdragon102Be aware if you get a work permit you can only work for that employer so will not be able to work other jobs without getting a work permit for that. Ie if you get a work permit as a RN the work permit stipulates only work for that employer and can not work elsewhere without another LMO and work permit
- Jun 26, '12 by pamiwhite05Thanks for feedback, at the moment im trying to concentrate on just getting to Canada! The information on the Internet is confusing as all provinces are different, can I ask if either of you know does anywhere in Canada take UK nurses with a higher diploma or do you have to be degree educated?
- Jun 26, '12 by Silverdragon102A lot depends when you trained and whether the province will accept it. I trained back in the 80's with bridge to RN in the 90's and my training was accepted but classed as diploma level. Been working 2 years and although different and took some getting used to I like it and also find I get paid more than I would in the UK