You know you're a nurse if... - Page 9Register Today!
- May 15, '12 by ninja-nurseQuote from babyRN.Noo, honey. Kudos to YOU. I recently made my whole family laugh hysterically when, holding my 2 week old niece, I said that: "She's just too small. That's it, I'm never having kids, I'll adopt toddlers. She's just entirely too small."You know you're a NICU nurse when you cross-train a PICU nurse and say, "..and we have baby X, who is very old..." "How old?" "About 4 months" and the PICU RN bursts out laughing...
Kudos to you peds and adult nurses. I have no idea what I would do with anything that big.
- May 16, '12 by AnonRNCQuote from sharpeimomi read that as "dog" (not "dogs") and when i saw "both pooped" on the walk, i thought you meant the dog and the husband!when your husband brings the dogs in after a walk and when he says they both pooped, you ask
about color and whether it was formed or more like tasty freeze.
- May 20, '12 by kmarie724You know you're a nurse when your newly potty trained 3 year old gets some poop on her finger while wiping herself in the bathroom and when she starts throwing a fit about the poop on her finger, you say "it's just a little poop. Calm down and wash your hands."
- May 20, '12 by sharpeimomQuote from anonrncnope, my husband hardly ever poops while he walks our dogs!! we have an older dog and we recently added his puppy nephew. we have one boy on stool softeners prn while our baby dog has mushy hard to pick up stools sometimes. sharpei are descended from mastiffs and they grow very rapidly. he weighed 19# at the end of february, almost 30 # ten days later, and he weighed 48.5#i read that as "dog" (not "dogs") and when i saw "both pooped" on the walk, i thought you meant the dog and the husband!
two days ago at the vet's. he isn't fat, they just grow very quickly. it can be a struggle sometimes to get enough puppy food into him to allow him good growth but not so much that he gets the runs.
sometimes i wish canine poop weren't such a main topic of conversation around here!
mannie is tan and ollie is black.
- May 20, '12 by woohQuote from belle87RNJust stick me in a room with an awake toddler on continuous pulse ox.You know for a fact that if anyone wanted to torture you for information, that all they need to do is stick you in a room with a beeping IV pump that you couldn't turn off.
- May 21, '12 by StephalumpQuote from woohBahaha! When my then 10 month-old was in the PICU a couple months ago, I felt so badly for our nurses. When he was awake, our room was all alarms, all the time. And he HATED the pulseox. Completely hated it.
Just stick me in a room with an awake toddler on continuous pulse ox.
- May 21, '12 by beachmomYou know you're a nurse when you dread a visit from your non-compliant, diabetic relative, as the last time he showed up at your door, he had a badly infected foot, and it took two surgeries and a six week stay at our house (with me being the caregiver, of course) until he was able to go home.