What Is Your Most Gross, Yucky, Disgusting Nursing Horror Story? - page 198
by yazisizit | 1,812,036 Views | 2083 Comments
:D Here is my most gross, yucky, disgusting nursing story! I was working a night shift on a tele floor as a new Nurse. We had this one poor old lady who was confused and was restrained as usual for her safety. She was... Read More
- 0Apr 5, '12 by NettaBugLol! I finally reached the end of this feed! And most of these stories are hilariously disgusting!
These aren't really all that gross, but it's the grossest thing I've experienced so far.
So, right now I'm finishing up my first semester of nursing school, and our clinical rotation for this semester was in the nursing homes. On my first day, I had to face my biggest fear: a trach patient. As we come in the room and the CNA introduces the patient to us and tells us about how to shower the patient, he asks the patient a question. The patient's response: A gurgle and a large glob of mucus comes out of the patient's trach (his doesn't have a collar; nit's just an open trach) and slides down his neck. I had to control my face; the sound was just awful, and the sight of the mucus had me feeling a little weak. I had to watch the student next to me, however. She looked like she wanted to gag.
So, the CNA gets the patient ready and meets us at the shower room. The way this patient's trach is cleaned is strange: The CNA sprays some water in there and asks the patient to blow through the trach. That sound...Oh, that sound haunted me...Made me cringe...The patient was a sweetheart though!
Another story actually happened either that same day or the next week. A patient's daughter-in-law comes out and says that the patient has urinated on herself. Now, I wasn't assigned to this patient or with this CNA. But I passed by the room and decided to help. The patient's legs were so contracted that the urine pooled and soaked through her gown and top sheet, then eventually drained through some space in her legs and soaked the Chux pad. So the other student nurse and I proceed to do a bed bath and linen change. Once the patient's back was turned toward me and I began to wipe her bottom, she begins to have a BM, and no matter how much I wiped, it just kept coming! We eventually got her cleaned up and re-dressed. Such a sweet lady...
- 0Apr 18, '12 by desireepeachQuote from DayrayO.M.GI was a new CNA in the nursing home and feeling very proud of my first step in my chosen career.
A nice littel old man in a wheel chair waved at one of my co-workers (a pretty littel 18 year-old, fresh out of high school sugar and spice type of girl). He said "honey come over here please" as she bent down to talk to him. He moved the blanket covering his legs and SPLAT! he ejaculated right in her face and mouth. I never saw her again and thus my nursing career beagn...........
- 0Apr 22, '12 by goats'r'usit's funny, i work in theatres and i see a lot of stuff that most people would think is really gross, spanning a wide range from your run-of-the-mill 'where does all the poo come from?', though ridiculous random injuries, and finishing in bad smells, but there are two things today that have truly turned my stomach: footage of this round's AFL injuries which included a spectacular hyperextension of a knee and an absolutely vile ankle dislocation, and my brother-in-law (a jewelerry-store manager) talking about the dead skin he finds in the links of watch bands.
- 0Apr 24, '12 by jillylittle89This is the most wonderful thing I have ever read!! I'm just looking into nursing schools and came across this site , love it! I have a story from when I volunteered at the hospital. My friend who worked there told me this story I had only left for a minute when it happened we were in an ortho clinic across from the mourge the ac had broken that month and they had brought in a body where the deceased had gangrene on his foot. Going into the hospital the gerney got stuck on the automatic door track.......well when they pushed it over somehow ( she couldnt quite explain and im still not sure how this happened) this foot was hit or bumped and it came off. Completely. It was the worst smell ever and having no ac only made it worse. Rotted Green and black foot pretty much disintegrated on impact.Can't wait till I have some of my own stories to tellLast edit by jillylittle89 on Apr 24, '12 : Reason: Spelling
- 3May 14, '12 by FranEMTnurseQuote from dezythen you have the personality to be a nurse. go for it.i love reading these when i'm in the mood for a laugh. i'm going into my first year and in a funny way i'm looking forward to some of these crazy things happening! :d
- 2May 14, '12 by sauconyrunnerLove this thread.
A few years back we seemed to have a C. Diff epidemic in the town I worked in. All of the nursing home patients that came into my ED had it.
ONe day the medics dropped off a lady with dementia from the SNF who Had really been ravaged by diabetes. She was in a diaper that was just filled with urine. Her BP was sort of low, and she seemed a little tachy. So after getting an IV started...I went to clean her up and was told to put a foley in.
She was really ravaged by diabetes. She had bilateral BKA and actually an amputation of her left arm to the elbow. So I got her all nice and clean and got everything set out to do the cath. Her extremities were waving about, as she tried to move about. I get all ready, visualize the meatus...start to aim the cath...am about 0.5 in from the opening and she beigns to show that her real problem was C-diff. Because of her body or her movements....it created a fountain effect (think of those roman fountains...where the little boy either pees or spouts water! So I'm stuck there, with Cdiff spewing in a fountain. Yeah...I threw out my foley kit, went and got a yellow gown and recommenced....
- 0Jun 15, '12 by nitenite^ Eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww!!!!!!
Couple nights ago I had something in my ER that I've never seen before and I've seen a lot. Guy on a motorcycle without a helmet somehow ripped his entire face off on gravel when he crashed. Eyeball hanging down on his cheek, no skin from forehead to bottom lip, BLOOD AND MUCUS EVERYWHERE. Not sure how long he'll live. He's in ICU all bandaged up.
Mucus is my weakness too. :X
(Edited to fix a typo)