Originally posted by kmchugh
Most of you have probably seen these, but I always thought they were hilarious. So, here they are again:
1. If I like it, it's mine.
2. If it's in my hand, it's mine.
3. If I can take it from you, it's mine.
4. If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.
5. If it's mine, it must never appear to be yours in any way.
6. If I'm doing or building something, all the pieces are mine.
7. If it looks just like mine, it is mine.
8. If I saw it first, it's mine.
9. If you are playing with something and you put it down, it automatically becomes mine.
10. If it's broken, it's yours.
11. If it's broken, but you are having fun playing with the pieces, it's mine again.
12. If there is ANY doubt, it's mine.
I LOVE those! Don't we have an Adults Rules of Ownership and Sharing? Something like this (feel free to add):
1. If I like it, I bought it.
2. If it's on my hand, I'm not giving it back.
3. If you gave it to me, I'm not giving it back.
4. If I had it a little while ago, it's still mine and I bought it.
5. If it's mine, it's still mine. I may pretend that we share but it's still mine.
6. If it lands in my yard, it's mine.
7. If it looks just like mine, you have good taste.
8. If I saw it first, I'm thinking about buying it, don't touch it.
9. If you are playing with something and you put it down, it automatically becomes mine. And I bought it.
10. If it's broken, you need to fix it. Because I bought it and you're the man.
11. If it's broken and you bought it why are you bothering me with this???
12. If there is ANY doubt, let's buy a new one!