Share Your Saying - page 3
i find that a lot of people who post have a lot of great saying attached to there post for example like "i am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how i react to it." (charles swindoll) if you want to make god... Read More
- 0Jun 29, '05 by JBudd GuideI tell my daughter this one, which I think I found on these boards a while ago: "Your clothes should be tight enough to show you're a woman, but loose enough to show you're a lady".
"Don't advertise what ain't for sale"
Don't try to teach table manners to a pig, it only frustrates you and annoys the pig.
- 0Jun 29, '05 by EDValerieRNSee one, do one, teach one. (I'm new to the ED, and have heard this a million times. So true!).
To raise your children the way you think they should go, travel that way yourself once in a while
You can put a dress on a pig, but it's still a pig.
-The all-wise husband
- 0Jun 30, '05 by zambezi[quote=angelique777][
"life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that takes our breath away." [/b]
i love this one!!
others that i like:
success is a journey, not a destination.
follow your dreams, for as you dream, so you shall become.
do not follow where a path may lead. go instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.
the pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. the optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
the biggest mistake you can make is to be afraid of making one.
learn to laugh at yourself.
stretch outside of your comfort zone.
work smarter, not harder.
make your mistakes. learn from them. move on.
live with passion.
when it isn't working, be willing to change.
when it isn't broken, don't fix it.
when it doesn't feel right, be brave and rest it.
that if it were easy, everyone could do it.
life's circumstances are not always controlleable, but your attitude toward them is.
trust your instincts.
today, i smilied, and all at once things didn't look so bad. today, i shared with someone else, a bit of hope i had. today, i sang a little song, and felt my heart grow light, and walked a happy little mile, with not a cloud in sight. today, i worked with what i had, and longed for nothing more, and what had seemed like only weeds were flowers at my door. today, i loved a little more, complained a little less, and in the giving of myself... forgot my weariness
- 0Jun 30, '05 by Peppercorn_Kat"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body - but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, 'Woo hoo - what a ride!’"
"We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the
ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now
qualified to do anything with nothing." - Mother Teresa
- 1Jun 30, '05 by snonurseI have my 2 favorites posted at work. After reading this forum, I think I'll be adding a few more to my favorites!
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." --- Robert Frost
"Good girls go to heaven; Bad girls go everywhere" --- Mae WestLast edit by snonurse on Jun 30, '05 : Reason: whoops! spelling! I was typing too fast!
- 0Jun 30, '05 by CardioTransQuote from Peppercorn_KatOMG !!!!!!!! I LOVE THAT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body - but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, 'Woo hoo - what a ride!’"