Only a nurse would say...... - Page 5Register Today!
- Jan 8, '12 by Sehille4774The other night my sister was reading riddles to me and we were trying to guess the answers.
Sister: "A man dies of thirst but he had plenty of water..how did this happen?"
Me: Screamed excitedly from downstairs: "He has diabetes insipidus! Give him some DDAPV!"
Sister: (with exasperation): It's not that kind of question! The answer is he was shipwrecked in the middle of the ocean on a raft"
Me: Awww .....
Lol!Last edit by Sehille4774 on Jan 8, '12 : Reason: spelling error
- Jan 9, '12 by cchmedtech19This is not something I have said, but a quote from Nurse Jackie that cracks me up...
"Vomit away from the ear Zoe!!"
- Jan 9, '12 by rnsrgr8tI work in urology and we are always asking parents to describe hematuria in relationship to beverages.... pink lemonade, cranberry juice, tomato juice etc. I did have one parent compare it to different types of wine (blush, merlot etc ). Funny how I can still drink them and not think anything about it!
- Jan 12, '12 by tojal1989Had a similar situation.. I was training with another nurse and the pt with a trach asks "can you deep throat me". The nurse stepped out of the room and was dying laughing. I just said, yes we will deep SUCTION you lol
- Jan 22, '12 by nursecat64AAHGG I'll never eat cookie dough again!!
- Feb 4, '12 by uRNmywayWow, well thats kind of offensive. I dont know about where YOU work but nurses here do more than just delegate
- Nov 14, '12 by Rhi007We only go to the hospital if your dying, sorry sweetie!!
- Nov 29, '12 by jenlou1571we get it from nursing school.. I am getting ready to start my last semester in school and this is what we have been told to tell patients..