Funniest Things Doctors say!Register Today!
This is a discussion on Funniest Things Doctors say! in Nursing Humor / Share Jokes, part of General Nursing ... What is the funniest thing that a doctor has ever charted, stated, or ordered! :lol2: I had a...by RNdiva505 Sep 11, '11What is the funniest thing that a doctor has ever charted, stated, or ordered!
I had a patient with end stage AIDS. The patient's doctor came up to me and asked me how her kyphosis sarcomas are looking. I stated, "Well those sarcomas do appear alittle arched!" lol. He asked me if I was being funny or serious and that this was a serious matter because if I didn't know already the patient would inevitably die!
Aaaa, no duh sherlock!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=615867©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 28,302 Views
- OK.... drug/alcohol rehab center; weekend MD rounds. An alcoholic (pure- no drugs) had a nasty URI. He was really miserable, and caught up with the doc. He asked if there were ANYTHING else he could have for the symptoms. The doc checked his MARs, and looked at the guy (straight face) and told him "My God, you on everything but roller skates" (I lost it )
- Sep 11, '11 by L8RRNI had a surgeon leave a patient's room after "examining" him and told me we needed to ambulate the patient more. I tried to politely redirect him by saying "do you mean you would like us to take him out of his room in a wheelchair some due to his double amputee status". He stuttered a little and said "yes, he needs to get out of his room some and a wheelchair would be fine".
- Quote from L8RRNI hope this was at least the on-call docI had a surgeon leave a patient's room after "examining" him and told me we needed to ambulate the patient more. I tried to politely redirect him by saying "do you mean you would like us to take him out of his room in a wheelchair some due to his double amputee status". He stuttered a little and said "yes, he needs to get out of his room some and a wheelchair would be fine".
- Sep 11, '11 by SugarcomaFrom a doc with a great sense of humor. He wrote in the chart for a scared but sweet little Canadian old lady who just happened to be named Victoria on Victoria Day:
Today is Victorias' day!!!! Really boosted her morale when everyone who went into the room made a big deal about it being "her" day.
Secondly for the nursing staff on a bad night of crazy patients he gave us an order sheet that said: Bat, aluminum, apply to head until twitching stops prn for patient or self. lol. This order got hung up in our break room.
- Sep 11, '11 by SugarcomaThen there was the doc that wrote the following order for a pt. who had anal stitches that were painful.
Lidocaine, PO, for anal stitch.
- Sep 11, '11 by ktwlpn"Well,what do you want ME to do?" Gee,I don't know-I didn't go to med school......And- "Tune tv to General Hospital every day" for a LTC fella who was in a persistent vegetative state....
- Sep 11, '11 by nurse42longYears ago I accompanied a very distinguished OB doc to do a vag exam on a grand multip (her 11th baby) also this patient was rather large. Outside it was a raging thunderstorm, just as the doc started the vag exam a clap of lightning and boom, the lights went out. Without missing a beat I heard this very quiet little voice say, "Oh my God, I've fallen in." I thought I would die laughing. Even the patient and her husband thought it was hilarious. I never looked at that rather stuffy, dignified doctor the same after.
- Sep 11, '11 by mandrewsDoc walked by and glanced in at a man with a huge belly that would not keep covered.
WHOA IT LOOKS LIKE HE NEEDS TO TAKE A HUGE DUMP!