Excuses for Missing Work - Page 25Register Today!
- Mar 25, '11 by droidervery nice.. got a good laugh
- Mar 25, '11 by fuzzywuzzy"I had diarrhea" or "my tooth hurts." I'm pretty sure the diarrhea one was fake because someone else had to go home for stomach upset and this girl didn't want to stay at work either. The toothache was just ridiculous!
There's also a girl who calls off and then tells everyone a different story: she didn't feel good, her kid was sick, her car broke down... okay which one is it?
At my old job I once had lots of diarrhea but I was too embarrassed to say it (this was before I EVER thought about CNA work!), so I tried to call off with "menstrual cramps." Manager scoffed and made me come in anyway. It sucked because I was working alone and kept having to run to the bathroom and if there was a line of customers I'd have to grit my teeth and clench my cheeks!
- Apr 3, '11 by Poi DogOne that I've read is: I'm calling in dead.
- May 15, '12 by bbiede00I know this thread is older but I have to leave a comment. The funniest excuse I have heard from a CNA at my work is " I cannot come in my dog has vaginitis." Then this CNA proceeded to come to work later with her dog! YUCK!
- May 15, '12 by lilspriteRecent ones in our department:
-After a light snow: 'My mom is old'. We decided he was expecting her to shovel and was worried she might keel over. BTW, she lived with him but was perfectly capable of functioning on her own in the house that day and any other day.
-'I'm not coming in tomorrow because it's supposed to be a sunny day'. Apparently, they don't do 10 day weather forecasts anymore so she had to wait until <24 hours before her shift.
-'If I go to work, my cousin can't go to school' (This is actually mine). I need to help out a relative holding a yard sale because he needs to take his daughter to the school bus at 0715, but can't leave all the stuff out in the driveway unattended. I work 3-11, so if I am up at 0500 to set up and work this garage sale, the thought of finishing up there in time to work my normal shift is less than appealing. However, if I bail on the garage sale, the only solution is to keep her home from school.
- May 15, '12 by mysonsmama"my grandmother has stage 12 colon cancer." she then "died"
"I have to take my daughter to swim class"
These are from the same student within a week. Classes are at the same time every single day so why she would schedule her dd to be in swim class when she knows she has school is beyond me. Also, stage 12 colon cancer? I forgot to filter and just said "that doesn't even exist" oops.
- May 16, '12 by GitanoRNone i heard lately was "i'm calling sick because i have laryngitis" mind you the voice on the other end of the phone sounded like "the exorcist" then she went to the ball-game with her hubby, and forgot that she was sick when the t.v. camera-man asked her opinion on the game results