Describe the Ugliest Scrubs You Have Seen! - page 3
by Paco-RN 40,879 Views | 119 Comments
Geez, I volunteer @ a hospital where I have seem more than my share of ugly scrubs! Interested to know what's the ugliest you have seen out there. I have 2 that come to mind: (1) NASCAR race cars .. everywhere, ugh! (2) A... Read More
- 3Mar 26, '10 by Paco-RNPerfect example of what I am talking about, non-peds ... I call this a scrubs FAIL. Sorry for the blurry image, it's zoomed in and lost a lot of resolution but you get the idea of what the design is. The background color is poop brown (not the "nice" brown someone described previously), and bottoms are black!
- 1Mar 28, '10 by sairin8This one is not ugly, just really poor planning. Our nursing school has white tops with navy pants (fine so far). The district health board redesigned their staff uniforms, and the charge nurse uniform is almost identical to the student uniform. (Attractive design, but rather confusing). This has lead to the following situations:
1) Junior house surgeon rudely dismissed the charge nurse's comments thinking she was a student
2) Staff nurses coming on and wondering why there were so many charge nurses around (actually student nurses)
3) Patients thinking that the ones in white (students and charge nurses) were the RN's and wondered who all these people in light blue (the RN's) were
Bound to have been other situations as well
- 5Mar 30, '10 by jrsmrsThe worst scrubs I've seen were not scrubs at all. On my most recent clinical rotation at our local rehab hospital, I mistook one of the nurses for a family member who had fallen on hard times.... until I saw her passing meds.
She was wearing OLD, *very* faded, formerly-black, tapered cotton stretchy pants. The kind with the elastic waistband that the unhip moms and grammas used to wear in the 80s-90s, that might have been purchased at Cotton Ginny or some such store in the same era. Topped with a formerly-white, now yellow-grey baggy tshirt with a button or two a the neckline. This on an older lady with, how should I put this nicely? Quite a large, yet not the perkiest bosom I've seen. No evidence of a bra that I could find. Dirty running shoes.
Same outfit every day we were there.
I have no idea how she gets away with this, and our clinical instructor said the same thing. Scary!
- 1Mar 31, '10 by chellelynn25I once worked with a nurse who wore zebra printed underwear under white scrub pants. I did a double take to make sure I saw what I thought I had.
Same nurse also wore baby poop green scrubs that were about 2 sizes too small
oh yea and star wars scrubs home sewn
- 1Apr 1, '10 by teeniebertQuote from chellelynn25Ugh. One of my classmates wore white boxer shorts with navy blue polka dots. I didn't need to know that. Who decided on white pants for the school uniform anyway?I once worked with a nurse who wore zebra printed underwear under white scrub pants. I did a double take to make sure I saw what I thought I had.
- 1Apr 6, '10 by StNeotserYellow/green neon scrubs, home made. The person wearing them was a complete loon and shouldn't have been in health care.
Also, some home made scrubs that were made out of a plaid material, both pants and top which just made her look like she really was wearing pajamas.
- 0May 25, '10 by Hygiene Queen GuideNot scrubs, but this thread reminded me of some of the hideous nursing dresses we used to wear.
I recall the one-piece zip-up pants jumper with pleats pleats pleats... and that the zipper was in the BACK of the jumper.
I don't know how a nurse was to pee.
This was the 80's and it also had gi-normous shoulder pads.
I guess it looked good at the time.