The Cynical Nurse Speaks - Page 3Register Today!
- Oct 26, '12 by prinsessaThere have been times where I really felt like I was going to lose it. Usually when I haven't had anything to eat or a second to go to the bathroom. I think it is a joke when I hear "we really care about our nurses!" If you did really care about me, you would make sure that we had enough staff so I could take a real lunch break. And Nurse's Week is a joke. It is nice that they provide free lunch to us in the cafeteria.....not so nice that we are so busy we don't get a chance to actually get any food or eat it! The only people who really get a chance to eat our free lunch are PCTs, unit clerks, and nurses who have a desk job.
- Oct 26, '12 by jrbl77I LOVE it! My thoughts exactly. echos how I feel almost every day I go to work. And my family just doesn't get it when I say I'm tired after 35 yrs of nursing and not sure how much longer I can do the job.
- Oct 26, '12 by cienurseHahahahahahahahaha! Thanks for this amusing.......and TRUE......depiction of nursing! Being a DON, I particularly liked the part about the "upper echelon!"
- Oct 26, '12 by sunny3811Great post! I really needed that laugh!
- Nov 16, '12 by PRICHARILLAisMISSEDGotta be careful with that lasix