Common nicknames for hospital items. - Page 3Register Today!
- Jul 31, '12 by ddunnrnSorry, I'm compulsive "faces" should be "faves". I hate this iPad autocorrect!!
- At my hospital they call cnas pcts, unless you are a nurse tech.
- Jul 31, '12 by That GuyMom juice - Warm prune juice and milk of mag
Moon booties - Heel proctetor booties that are huge and fluffy
Fire Hydrant - Pt after taking GoLytely or Mag Citrate
Terminal turner - Pt on their last leg and turning them will kill them
- At my hospital they call cnas pcts, unless you are a nurse tech.q
- You just reminded me about something with GoLytely. I do wish the company would change the name to reflect the product more accurately. GoLytely sounds very light and dainty. As we all know, there is nothing light or dainty about it. It also needs to come flavored with ANYTHING. Our nurses mix it with the blue powerade and add ice to make it a little eaiser for the patients to drink.
- Jul 31, '12 by CrissiQFor #6 I have heard it called a tree thing, green O2 thing and a nipple nut all in the same facility. Nipple nut still makes me giggle!
- Jul 31, '12 by loriangel14Quote from ddunnrnOurs are officially Personal Suport Workers.It's a bit tangential to the topic, but I remember back 30 years ago when I was a nurses' aide, the nursing home I worked in had "nourishments" before the residents went to bed. It has always been a pet peeve of mine when people use pretentious language when simpler words would do--it's a SNACK, not "nourishment" also, out of curiosity, how many different terms for "nurse's aide" are in use around the country? One of my faces is "Patient Care Technician"' which sounds like they should be carrying around a toolbox with screwdrivers and foley cath bags.