Best MD note
- 13Jun 20, '11 by beckster_01There may or may not be a thread like this but I couldn't resist sharing. This weekend I was digging through my patient's chart trying to learn more about his history when I came across a note by the attending cardiologist. It said, and I quote: "Patient is stable, no complaints. Was screaming 'Kibbles and Bits!' repeatedly upon my arrival. Of note, patient does not have a dog." I couldn't help but laugh. Anybody else come across some interesting notes in their charts?
- 4Jun 20, '11 by AngelicDarknessAfter reading several nursing notes on a resident acting out verbally and physically to several nurses as a response to having a slight cough or "deathly contagious and no I will not be coming to meals" per the resident... an MD wrote underneath "Not surprise by the above comments after meeting this lady in our clinic today" lol!
- 1Jun 20, '11 by caliotter3I like the word for word quote of the doctor who said "you just want to cover your 'behinds' (more colorful word used)", etc. The DON told the nurse receiving this tirade to quote him in the nurses' note, and she did. Made for fascinating reading.
- 36Jun 21, '11 by Elvish GuideWe had some specialty consult on a newborn once - can't remember if it was urology or ENT - fill out the standard hospitalwide consult form punctuated thus:
"Social hx: Pt has no history of alcohol, tobacco, or drug use, as he is THREE DAYS OLD and lives in the NEWBORN NURSERY!!!!!!" All the while he griped about "filling out these damn stupid forms..."
- 26Jun 21, '11 by sarahbellumWe had a note on a cardiology patient the other day that read "Pt not eating due to the crap they serve here."
BTW the words "the crap they serve here" was not in quotes...Last edit by sarahbellum on Jun 21, '11 : Reason: explanation
- 8Jun 21, '11 by Jessy_RNOne of the OB's where I work write funny things in his notes as well. After a section, he started off his note by saying the OR was very hot!
Also, when the units are maxed out there seem to be a shortage of SCD's (call em plexis in that unit) and we are always waiting for someone to come off them to have them cleaned for the next pt.
He will write repeatedly under his orders....."PLEASE PLACE PLEXIS ON MY PT AS PREVIOUSLY ORDERED. IF YOU CANNOT FIND ANY, HAVE ADMINISTRATION BUY MORE"!
Yep, all in caps and just as written above. He is very eccentric and nonetheless weird but at least he says please lolLast edit by Jessy_RN on Jun 21, '11 : Reason: misspelling