Anyone have any Embarassing Dr. stories?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Anyone have any Embarassing Dr. stories? in Nursing Humor / Share Jokes, part of General Nursing ... I had an appointment today with my doctor. I've known him for a while. He works at my hospital...by calinurse11 Jan 24, '12I had an appointment today with my doctor. I've known him for a while. He works at my hospital which makes this story even more embarassing for me. Ok so he was listening to my heart while I was lying down, I had to pull my shirt up so he could hear. He told me "hold your breasts" I said ok, so I held them up so he could get better access to my PMI. Well he said again, "hold your breasts" so I asked him " Should I hold them up or to the side, can you not hear my heart very well or what?" So I am sitting there moving my boobs all around trying to accomadate him when he says "I said hold your breath!"
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=666241©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 10,136 Views
- Jan 25, '12 by Xsited2baNurseBAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
And no, I don't have any yet.
- Jan 25, '12 by nursel56Mine is related to a doctor story - it was traumatic at the time. I had been working in a clinic with four Family Practice docs for several years, and had seen them for various colds, tummy upsets and the like but was persuaded to have an exam after having issues involving the reproductive system ( yes we're talking pelvic here) by one of the most circumspect and professional docs there after talking to him. Fine. My supervisor at the time, a well-meaning but rather hare-brained older lady brought me to the exam room just as you would a regular patient. OK. Fine. I haven't died of mortification yet . . . .
. . . she proceeded to walk out of the room and YELL ALL OF MY SYMPTOMS to the doctor at the other end of the hall!!!!! She shouted, "She says she DOESN'T HAVE ANY (embarrassing symptom) <EMBARRASSING symptom>SHE'S JUST <EMBARRASSING symptom>(embarrassing symptom) DOWN THERE!
Oh God. :-/ She didn't really just do that, did she? Indeed she did. Most of my coworkers either had mercy or laughed, thank God.
Then one crazy day with a lot extras (walk-in patients) the disorganized doctor (wacky hair, always left a trail of paperclips, charts and whatnot behind him) barged into the room where I was waiting with a very prim lady for a scheduled routine Pap test/breast exam and exclaimed, "What happened??? Do you know???"
The lady didn't say anything. Not sure if she was perplexed or horrified. Seriously, it took all my energy to keep myself from busting out laughing!!
- Jan 25, '12 by AliceRNI think I'll remember that story for a looooooooooong time!!
- Jan 25, '12 by RhandaHThanks for sharing, I'm pretty sure that story made my day
- Jan 25, '12 by calinurse11Nursel56: Omg hahaha Poor You!! I would have been mortified!
- Jan 25, '12 by netglowOMG Cali. LOL, you little flirt you.
- Jan 25, '12 by Esme12Quote from Xsited2baNurseBoobs? or embarassing stories??? (I just couldn't help myself)BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
And no, I don't have any yet.
- Jan 25, '12 by donnaceeworked as a floor nurse and usually always saw one doctor only in scrubs, either in OR or Er, and one day I guess he came right from church to do rounds, He walked into the nsg station, and I looked up from paperwork and whistled and said, wow you look great dressed. I thought it was fine, until one of my coworkers loked at me with bewildered eyes and said, have you seen him UNDRESSED???
- Jan 25, '12 by nursel56Quote from netglowWell at least she wasn't wearing tassles! (And I couldn't help myself either). . . these are hilariousOMG Cali. LOL, you little flirt you.