501 ways to know you've been on allnurses.com too long! - page 7
all right. i confess! i'm a proper addict! this is a fantastic website - filled with goodies and great people. and i know that i'm not alone :) so... i challenge forum members to describe... Read More
Oct 4, '06Quote from asoldierswife05111. Same with birthdays110. You send Christmas Cards to your allnurses friends, but not your friends from work or school
Oct 31, '06112. You recommend allnurses website to your friend even if she's not a nurse or not even a nursing student.
113. You feel that allnurses is better to visit than to chat with someone.Last edit by xtine on Oct 31, '06
Nov 14, '06114. You tell your DON about all nurses, and she's been a nurse for a few decades longer than you.
Dec 3, '06115. You bring up funny things you read on allnurses to show your co-workers & call it your therapy. btw I can't find that dog web site that you can type in commands for a cute yorkie.
Saw it yesterday but can't remember on which area.
Dec 8, '06116. You think you are listening to the tv or family talking but are so focused on allnurses.com that what you hear is distorted. For example: Just now, as I was reading this thread, I thought I heard the commercial on TV say "Lunesta Chocolate Cookies".
Dec 8, '06117. You turn off ringers on both land lines of home phone, alternate checking voice messages left on home answering machine versus new posts on allnurses even though you're between jobs and hoping that one or two resumes you've faxed during the week produces an interview or two....
mmmmhhhhmmmmmm...lets see...allnurses or job, which is more important?
Its a tossup! hehe
Dec 12, '061. you're still stuck in threads from 2002, trying to catch up.
2. during conversations in 'actual reality', you keep looking for the emoticon buttons whenever you are being sarcastic/trying to be funny/etc.
3. when arguing with your so, you quickly get your point in because you think the debate will get locked.
4. you try to find a pm function on the phone, so much easier than dialing.
5. when your family starts getting on your nerves, you want to pm a moderator to get them banned.
6. you keep looking for the red triangle to *report* someone.
7. you start looking for threads that dropped off of current use (i said that better in, oh what was the name of that thread . . .)
8. more than a 1,000 posts per yr of active enrollment.
9. you know everybody by their first names, whether they routinely post them or not.
10. in the political threads, you know who just supported or rebutted you by the name of the last poster - before you even click in.
11. the words 'bsn vs. adn' in any title is enough to make you groan.
12. you quote tos to newbies. (and you're not a mod)
13. you make it a point to say hi to most of the people introducing themselves. (very hard to do.) and tweety is awesome for doing just that.
14. you routinely post in the game threads.
15. go look at your ave daily post rates - more than 6 - you're addicted.
16. you keep reloading the latest 24 hr posting or posting since you last checked click, waiting for something interesting to post/repost about. or, everytime you log on, you have to check all thread topics posted to since the last time you were here to make sure you didn't miss anything
17. you find yourself baiting new moderators . . . roy!
18. you wonder how many more posts (after that latest one, you know the one) before a thread is locked.
19. you bring back up 3 month old controversial threads just because you're bored, awake (curse of a night worker) and it's 2am. (hmmmmm, where is that thread about margaret sanger, anyway? . . .)
20. you've read all the posts in the popular humour threads, and in order to read something new, you've started reading the posts from back when the humour section opened.
21. your husband or wife goes to work and comes home from work and you are still in front of the computer.
22. you are almost late to work becouse you were up all night reading allnurses.
23. your family and friends who are not even in the medical field ask what you have learned new on "that nursing web site".
24 you remember when the cybersaloon was a locked thread.
25. you're always running to get to work on time because you just had to get in one last post on the 'in' topic before getting ready. i can't tell you how many times i've said to myself, "got to get off here and start getting ready for work!" a good chunk of my posts are '6pm' posts. lol.
26. you have multiple posts timed at hourly intervals throught out each day.
27. you have posted to the same thread every 15 minutes throught the day becouse you keep going back to see what the person after you posted.
28. the very first thing you do when waking up is log on to allnurses.
29. the very first thing you do when getting home from work is logging on to allnurses.
30. when you are on vacation, you think about allnurses and miss reading those posts!
31. you spend more time pm'ing friends on allnurses than emailing on your regular account
32. when you ask a question at work and don't get a good answer, you want to go post it on allnurses so you can get the right answer! 33) you go for the night and come home and put on allnurses
34) most of your friends are on allnurses
35. you start quoting what your friend(s) say on allnurses getting blank looks from so....like who are these ppl???
36. while on your computer, you have multiple windows open, one of them allnurses so you can switch back easily. don't want to miss anything!
37. you find an internet cafe while in a foreign country so you can post on
38. you do post from work.
39. you occasionally find yourself posting on a topic you have no real interest in whatsoever just because you happen to know a little something about it and you are bored/not asleep when you should be.
40. you talk about people on allnurses to people in real life as if you had actually met them.
41) you get really cross and angry when posters you dont know cyber insult you
42. you can pretty much create an entire post in smileys without typing a post.
43: you totally forget to make breakfast, lunch and dinner....get groceries, feed the cats.....
44: anyone knocking on your front door annoys the heck out of you and you stand there tapping your foot while you talk to them because you have to get back to allnurses.com.
45. you actually cite allnurses as a reference for a position you're debating with a co-worker ("well, according to this thread on allnurses.com, 1 in 3 nurses have drug problems, but........")
46. your spouse no longer remembers what you look like.
47. your spouse knows where you are.....on allnurses!
48. you actually go through withdrawal symptoms (generalized anxiety, sweaty palms, hyperventilation etc.) if you can't get to allnurses for longer than 24 hours
49. you don't bother looking anything up anymore, you just post your questions on allnurses because someones going to know the answer and more!
50. when the server goes down for 24 hours, you discover that you have a spouse, 3 kids you didn't know you had and that you can actually cook and clean! in the same day
51. you don't allow yourself to even check allnurses before you're completely ready for work because if you do you'll never be ready on time!!
52. your butt goes numb, you're developing carpal tunnel in your right wrist from gripping the mouse, and you can't remember the last time you ate, drank, or peed.
53) you refer to sudonames of posters as real names-and nobody understands
54) the instructor asks a question and you know the answer....not because you actually did the assigned reading, but because you read it on allnurses.com!
55. uh.........did i ever know how to cook?
56 = the times you sign on in a day
57.) one doesn't sign off at all.....unless they are asleep.
58) you let telephone calls go to voice mail because you're responding to a post.
59) your spouse feels neglected in the romance department because you're always on allnurses.com.
60. when your phone goes to voicemail, your friends and family create profiles on allnurses.com so they can pm you and tell you to answer your phone
61. your spouse pm's you from his laptop to tell you to come to bed
62) no time to cook so junk food always at hand and your waist line is expanding
63) when you can be pried away from the computer most conversations include the phrase "i read __________ on allnurses.com."
64. you keep a dictionary on the desk to check for .
65. you keep a nursing reference book there, too. mine is merenstein and gardner's handbook of neonatal intensive care.
66) when you find out you've been accepted to nursing school, you post the news on allnurses before telling anyone else.
67. you check allnurses before you check your email, (which you may never actually get to...)
68. when the only emails you get now are form allnurses.com telling you that a reply has been posted.
69. when your free time in between classes is spent at the same computer, in the same computer lab, and the same website(allnurses.com- what else?).
70. the picture speaks for itself (typing in the toilet)
71. when you decline an offer for dinner with friend's coz you want to try and be online with your allnurses mates at the same time they are!
72. when you found out you passed your nclex, your first thought is not "i need to tell my family", but its "i need to post it on allnurses!"
73. when something strange happens at work you think "oooooooh what forum will this fit under?"
74. you've had detailed dreams involving multiple allnurses.com members
75. at a gathering of nurses - 2 people are heard to say the following and you can identify (or identify with) them both...
"i'm on all allnurses.com!"
"really? so am i!"
"oh? who are you?"
"that depends...who are you?"
76: you've gotten your non-nursing bestie so hooked on allnurses that when you send her a letter, she complains if you haven't printed out a few really funny or gross stories and popped them in the envelope.
77: you've learned more from allnurses than you did at university.
78: you go to tell someone a funny story, and you find yourself thinking 'hang on, did that happen to me or did i read it on allnurses?'
79: you can spend hours bouncing between allnurses and snopes, reading and checking..
80. you actually pick music recommendations from the "song requests" thread...
81. you contemplate firing your therapist and trashing your diary. who needs them when you have allnurses.com?
82. you find yourself recruiting new people for allnurses.
83. you get very upset when said people say, "what's so great about it?"
84. your on all nurses more than 5 hours a day because everyones out and you know that no one can nab the pc from you.
85. family walk past the computer to see what your laughing about and have a nose.
86. the question who are you chatting to today repeatedly crops up.
87. you never check emails coz you know that its from all nurses.
88. you post your link for all nurses in your profiles msn, yahoo, aol because you want everyone to join.
89. you dont eat, drink or use bathroom until your desperate for food, drink, or going to the bathroom.
90. you put off daily things for the next day and think naaa i'll check allnurses and do it tomorrow or later lol this has happened many a time.
91. you run out of things to read when your on allnurses mor than 5 hours a day
92. most of your favorites folder are links to certain posts so you can quickly click to see what has been added.
93. you sat here for at least 10 minutes determined to add something to this thread!
94. the only clothes you have to wear are not fit to wear out of the house becouse doing laundry would take time away from allnurse.
95. you only use disposable dishes becouse who wants to wash dishes when you could be reading allnurses
96. you read clear to the end of the last 24 hours posts then refresh the search so you can see whats been added since you started.
97. when something frustrating/difficult happens at work, you can't wait to get to allnurses and vent about it and get advice.
98. when you realize you have gone from always asking for advice on threads to giving it every once in a while!
99. when you check this thread more than once a day to see if there are any new "signs" and if you can relate to them! .
100. you've read all the posts in this thread and added one yourself
101. when you wake up and have to "go" you turn on your computer so that it will be on by the time you get back to the bed and you can quickly check all nurses. done it many times!
102. you're worried that you could be investigated for some wicked haneous crime just from the searches you've done on your computer about topics you read about on all nurses! (sucking chest wounds, websites that promote suicide, drug sites that show you how to make meth, as well as every legal site known to man for every state)
103. if you really need 501 ways, you're already addicted.
104. if you've read this thread from #1, you've been on it too long!
105. you read threads more than once 'in case i missed something'.
106. you are at the school computers clear across campus 5 mins before class checking allnurses.
107. we have electronic medical record at the hospital i work for, we do everything through the computer. you know you are hooked when you are on hold on the phone (with insurance company, pharmacy, another department)you "multitask" by scrolling/reading throught the posts on allnurses b/c it may be the only time you have to read them during your day and you don't want to miss something. you also need something to occupy you while you wait on the phone!
108. three words: square butt syndrome
109. your husband thinks you are cheating on him with someone online from allnurses.com.
110. you send christmas cards to your allnurses friends, but not your friends from work or school
111. same with birthdays
112. you recommend allnurses website to your friend even if she's not a nurse or not even a nursing student.
113. you have less than 50 posts but relate to all 112 signs so far.
114. you tell your don about all nurses, and she's been a nurse for a few decades longer than you
115. you bring up funny things you read on allnurses to show your co-workers & call it your therapy
116. you think you are listening to the tv or family talking but are so focused on allnurses.com that what you hear is distorted. for example: just now, as i was reading this thread, i thought i heard the commercial on tv say "lunesta chocolate cookies".
117. you turn off ringers on both land lines of home phone, alternate checking voice messages left on home answering machine versus new posts on allnurses even though you're between jobs and hoping that one or two resumes you've faxed during the week produces an interview or two.
118. you should be taking your online chem final exam but are on here instead.
119. you have a refrigerator beside the computer so you dont even have to look away from the screen to grab a drink
120. you feel that allnurses is better to visit than to chat with someone
121. your children are upstairs drinking hot cocoa and having cookies, you are trying really hard to be a good mom after working a 9 /12 hour (supposed to be an 8 hour) shift, you know it is now 8:30pm, (and still getting used to military time, try to figure that out, oh, yeah, 2030 hours), your still have to read stories to your kids, but you just had to read this whole thread and just have to post something. yup. it is official. i am a allnurses.com addict.
122. you copy everyone's posts into one big user-friendly list for the sheer hell of it.
Dec 13, '06Nobody laughs at your old jokes anymore, and you have only told the same one about 30 times.
Dec 13, '06Nobody laughs at your old jokes anymore, and you have only told the same one about 30 times.
Dec 14, '06#124 You no longer have "real life" friends with "real life" names.
Debbie, Marc, Stephanie and Karen have been replaced with the likes of NURSESRGR8T, NIGHTSHIFTNANCY, CRZYRN2B and ILUVNRSNG.
Dec 14, '06Quote from strwbryblndhahahahahahahahaha!:chuckle :roll116. you think you are listening to the tv or family talking but are so focused on allnurses.com that what you hear is distorted. for example: just now, as i was reading this thread, i thought i heard the commercial on tv say "lunesta chocolate cookies".