I have had a couple interviews at a couple different places the past couple weeks and I would like your input on the different places and where you would go. Just a note that I dont have any specific specialty I want to work in and that this will be my first new grad position as a BSN RN. Assume you have recieved offers from all of the places listed. Thanx!
- Local Area Hospital
- 12 week program rotating through various med-surg floors with a preceptor. At the 10 week mark you can interview with some of the open med-surg floors and POSSIBLY get a job. This program does not gurantee you a position after its completion. Could be night shift or day shift depending on your preceptor. Pilate Program.
2. Local Area Hospital
- Night Shift Medical Surgical Position. Every other weekend required, but the manager told you that you wont have to worry about working alot of weekends because they have weekend contracts with several employees. 6 patients per nurse.
3. Local State Mental Health Facility
- Night Shift, Every Other Weekend, Non Self Schedule, Patient load varies, Great tuition reimbursement and no contract required, High Turn Over Rate.
4. Local State Rehab Facility
- 8 to 430pm job. Working with mentally impaired individuals in physical rehabilitation and vocation rehabilitation services. Same tuition reimbursement as the mental health facility.
Thank you all again.