What do I say when I call the nurse manager tomorrow?Register Today!
This is a discussion on What do I say when I call the nurse manager tomorrow? in Nursing First Job Hunt Assistance, part of Nursing Career Advice ... Long sotory short. I am very shy and usually dont talk alot in phones. My friend is the nurse...by NursingBro Jan 4Long sotory short. I am very shy and usually dont talk alot in phones.
My friend is the nurse recruiter at a hospital and they dont have open LVN/LPN spots at her hospital but she knows the nurse recruiter at another hospital. (same company)
She sent them my resume on Tuesday and she told me to call this Friday (tomorrow) if I didnt get a reply.
I have no idea what to say. Please help me. I really need a job. This is what I wrote down so far:
"Hello Monica. This is James Smith. Amy Rose reffered me to you and she sent over my resume to you this Tuesday. I applied for the LVN position that you have. I would like to know the status of my application or if you need any other infomration."
I am so nervous I dont even know what to say. please fix it if you can.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=805884©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 987 Views
- Jan 4 by KunzieoI'd say that sounds pretty good- straight to the point!
- Jan 4 by Mommy2RNI think this is a good start.
- Jan 4 by Angelene1999you sound great. You want, a good job and you telling the manager that you are interest in the job.
- Jan 4 by amygarsideJust tell the manager straight up that you need a job and that you are willing to learn and be a good team player. Wishing you luck in your new job!
- Jan 4 by people1stGood luck with your job search! Suggestion: Unless they have already indicated how they would like to be addressed, use their last name.
- Jan 4 by okguyA large portion of this profession is about talking to people - and usually to people who are not having the best time
We may not be able to use jedi mind-tricks on other nurses as effectively, but we can certainly show motivation and interest in the position applied for.
With practice youll get the hang of it.