St. Joseph's Hospital HoustonRegister Today!
This is a discussion on St. Joseph's Hospital Houston in Nursing First Job Hunt Assistance, part of Nursing Career Advice ... I am about to receive an offer from St. Joseph's downtown, and I was wondering if anyone who works...by nicole2011 Oct 14, '12I am about to receive an offer from St. Joseph's downtown, and I was wondering if anyone who works there can tell me a little bit about the culture. Also, I am a new grad and am wondering what I may be able to expect for salary? I have heard in Houston it's around $22 or so. Is this the case sense IASIS took over?Thanks in advance. I look forward to hearing from youPoll: How well Do you like being a nurse
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=792135©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,454 Views
- Oct 15, '12 by citylights89I didn't know they even hired new grads. They have a mixer-type event tomorrow but it indicated it was only for experienced nurses, so I didn't think it would be worthwhile for me to go. Are you getting a long orientation, too?
- Oct 16, '12 by nicole2011I believe they told me the orientation/internship would be 9 weeks....
Any idea what the hourly wages are?
- Oct 16, '12 by citylights89Oh, 9 weeks doesn't seem that bad. Most places are just a little bit longer than that so it's not too far off.
I don't know for certain, but $22/hr might be right, The lowest I ever heard (it was from a class mate though) was $21/hr. Average is around $23-24, I believe.
- Oct 21, '12 by rnbsn12Hi I just got hired from St. Joseph Downtown and they are hiring a ton of new grads! Starting base salary is 25.14. Evening diff is 3.00 and night is 4.00.
Downside: no diff for weekends.
After you are done with training (6-8 weeks), they will increase your base salary by 1 dollar, making it 26.14.
You will be signing a two year contract with them and if anyone decides to leave will have to "buyout" of the contract.
You will be having orientation for one week and start on your unit after that week with a preceptor. Training depends on your unit, my unit is 6 -8 weeks, but if you don't feel comfortable you can ask for a few more weeks. As for culture wise, it is very very diverse.
Sorry for the typos I'm using my phone.Last edit by rnbsn12 on Oct 21, '12
- Oct 22, '12 by kindlyliliHi rnbsn12, thanks for your infor, and which state it is located?
- Oct 22, '12 by kindlyliliOmg, it said in Huston lol
- Oct 24, '12 by rnbsn12Quote from kindlyliliYup it's in Houston.Omg, it said in Huston lol
- Dec 14, '12 by ExhaustedNurseSt. Joseph just increased their base pay to $26.95/hr based on market analysis for new grads. Differentials: evening $3.50 and nights $4.00. No weekend diffs.
- Dec 18, '12 by HouTxHmm - wonder why they are having to raise their wages. Are they having problems filling positions because they're for sale again?