New Lpn Grad Philly, got offer 3 weeks after passing boardsRegister Today!
This is a discussion on New Lpn Grad Philly, got offer 3 weeks after passing boards in Nursing First Job Hunt Assistance, part of Nursing Career Advice ... hey guys i graduated jan, 26 2012 took my boards and passed march 19, 2012, and i have had a very...by steffuturelpn Apr 13, '12hey guys i graduated jan, 26 2012 took my boards and passed march 19, 2012, and i have had a very intense 3 week job search. well i was called for a interview on tuesday this wek which i rocked, and i left feeling very confident, and was told by the nurse manager interviewing me that she liked me very much, so i knew that was a great sign, so today 3 days later i was offered a part time lpn position which i glady took. So this is what i did, researched about resumes and cover letters, which took me about 3 days to get it perfect and then each company i went to i applied online first and then went in and applied again in person, each cover letter addressed specific people by name and was altered to include the "mott" of each company, i also had a refernce page. i bought resume paper from staples off white 100% cotton, cost 17 bucks for a little box, then i put on my interview chlothes and went to each place i applied online to and put in my app. it worked i only wentot 4 places in person and i got a job offer today and another request for a interview from another company aslo, im so happy, i thought it would take me months to years, but i told myself the whole time that I GOT THIS, lol and i guess i did
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=697320©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,367 Views
- Steffuturelpn can you please shed more light on the process of getting the job? I tried going to many hospital to fill out paper application and everyone keeps telling me to apply online!!!!
How were you able to fill out the paper application? Did you say anything special?
Also how were you able to find out the names of people to address the cover letter too?
Also would be possible to see sample of your resume and cover letter?
I been applying online for jobs with no luck!!
- Apr 14, '12 by sunny4younot for nothing dear but im sure you know better, but please don't ever ever give out any info. with your name or personal info about you or where you live,,no matter what online blog, website,(even allnurses.com), etc...in r/t to the post below,,,just be very general not specific...there are too many people whom aren't always whom they say they are...
speaking as a concerned mother of 2 young daughters..Last edit by sunny4you on Apr 14, '12 : Reason: correction...the last mentioned post..
- Apr 14, '12 by steffuturelpnWell I called each place and asked if I could come in and fill out a app so that I wouldn't go places, be turned down and waste my time. Then I would ask for the hr manager name, or nurse recruiter most people gave me the info with no problems and I also asked if they hired new grads and that's how I got my list of places. And with the cover letter and resume I Google everything and took it from there. If u r employed now have ur manager critique ur documents, good luck
- Apr 14, '12 by shamrokksThis is great info you're sharing. Best of luck to you and congrats on the new job.
- Thank you for your advice! I called one place where there opening and asked if i can come fill out the paper application? The lady seem surprised i asked her that and she was like yes you can! But i was to nervous to and forgot to ask name of the person who is hiring for thAat position
- No i am not working i am a mew graduate! I have a resume and cover letter! I followed the sample online as well to make my resume and cover letter! I am planning to go fill out the application monday! Wish me luck! I wish i can rub some luck off you
- Apr 15, '12 by steffuturelpnYou will be fine, another note for ur resume is to google power words to use in a resume. It helped me a lot. Good luck and thanks ladies